Thread: vprotect is not working in AVG version 9.0.927 Free Edition

vprotect is not working in AVG version 9.0.927 Free Edition

I am running windows XP in my system and I have recently updated the AVG to the version 9.0.927 and the problem that I am having is that I keep getting a message saying ' VProtect has stopped working' other than this the AVG e-mail scanner is also not working. is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: vprotect is not working in AVG version 9.0.927 Free Edition

I am running windows XP in my system and I have recently updated the AVG to the version 9.0.927 and the problem that I am having is that I keep getting a message saying ' VProtect has stopped working' other than this the AVG e-mail scanner is also not working. is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    As far as the AVG e-mail scanner is concerned you can check out the solutions that has been mentioned here, if that does not help then you can try uploading to the 2012 version to get rid of this issue, just check it out and see if the above solutions are helping you out or not.

I have followed the solution for the AVG e-mail scanner but then in my case the POP3 ServerName 'AutoPOP3' and my SMTP Server which is named as AutoSMTP is appearing to be greyed so I am not able to activate the email scanner, other than this I have also tried uploading to the 2012 version but then first it said to uninstall the previous one to install the newer one but then I am getting an error message when I am trying to uninstall the version I am having, I am really running out if ideas now is there any other solution that I can try to get rid of this issue? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

As far as I am aware AVG Toolbar is not the essential part of your antivirus but then it is a part of AVG Toolbar and the Resident shield and the Network scanner protects you even if it is turned off, so you don’t have to worry much about the same, if you want to turn it on then just compress the screenshot of the email scanner config so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are having.

Below are the screenshot of the email scanner config just check them out and let me know if you are able to track out the cause of the same:
    Attached Files Attached Files