Thread: AVG 2012 Free Edition is freezing system and corrupting system files

AVG 2012 Free Edition is freezing system and corrupting system files

I have recently installed AVG 2012 Free Edition and the since I have installed it the system has started freezing constantly and sometimes it just force the system to shut down, I have tried using CHKDSK and I have found it deleting a no of orphaned and corrupted files but then the freezing still exists, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??

Re: AVG 2012 Free Edition is freezing system and corrupting system files

I have recently installed AVG 2012 Free Edition and the since I have installed it the system has started freezing constantly and sometimes it just force the system to shut down, I have tried using CHKDSK and I have found it deleting a no of orphaned and corrupted files but then the freezing still exists, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??
    I have been facing the same freezing issue after installing AVG 2012 Free Edition, by now I have tried cleaning the registry using Support tool and I have also used CHKDSK as well but then they have not helped, I am also facing some "unspecified error" while using the Thunderbird email as well, is there any solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue rather than just uninstalling it. My system specification is as followed:
    • Windows 7 ultimate 32 w/current SP
    • Intel duocore 4gig ram
    • AVG v2012.0.1913

You can count me in as well, after running the AVG scanner and their PC Cleanup tool I had rebooted the machine but then the system did not started since then, in my case I am having Windows 7 Home Premium but then it is getting stuck on Startup repair loop, it is not allowing me to enter the safe mode as well, I am really running out of ideas, is there any workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue.

The problem in both of your case's seems to be related to the hard drive, just follow the below steps and see if the issue is getting solved or not.
    • First just uninstall and completely remove all the folders and instance of the AVG and after that run the chkdsk /f command and then make sure that you are not getting any error.
    • If so then reinstall the avg again and see if the system is still freezing or the issue is over.

If the problem exists then post back the avg log file as well as the event log files for further help.