Thread: Unable to do a full scan on my laptop using Microsoft Security Essentials

Unable to do a full scan on my laptop using Microsoft Security Essentials

I am running 64-bit windows 7 operating system on my laptop and I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my laptop. I have set up Microsoft Security Essentials to run a full scan once a week but instead of running a full scan it will run a quick scan, when I use the Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus on my desktop and then try to run a full scan of my system then it will do it correctly without having any problem. If anyone knows why this is happening or how to solve this problem then please recommend me.

Re: Unable to do a full scan on my laptop using Microsoft Security Essentials

The Microsoft Security Essentials runs a Scan of your laptop or Desktop pc once a week by default when you are probably asleep and if you are unable to run a full scan by default then you should try to adjust the setting . if you want to do this open Microsoft Security Essentials and click the settings , then under the scheduled scan you will be able to change the day and time as well as the type of scan you want to perform on your laptop.

I think you first properly check the setting of Microsoft security essentials and make sure that it is correct for the full scan and still the Microsoft Security Essential Is unable to run a full scan, and instead of full scan it will run a quick scan I think you should try to download it again and then install on your laptop. After installing it on your laptop then try to run a full scan I hope this time it will run a full scan without having any problem.

If you have tried with uninstalling and installing again the Microsoft Security Essential on your laptop and if the same problem still persist then I think you should contact your Antivirus vendors or try to contact Microsoft Support for the solution.