Thread: Does DSAFLT.SYS has anything to do with the BSOD?

Does DSAFLT.SYS has anything to do with the BSOD?

I have been getting bsod in my windows xp system since long, and I have been getting an error message which reads PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and the problem file is DSAFLT.SYS. so that’s why I was just wondering if DSAFLT.SYS has anything to do with the bsod. So that’s why I went ahead and checked the location of DSAFLT.SYS and found them in 2 places. One of them is WINDOWS\system32\drivers and the other is Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security2011\FIREWALL. On doing some google search I found that both of them are not the proper location of the file. So I just want to know if DSAFLT.SYS is placed in some other location then will it lead to the bsod? Is it ok to delete the DSAFLT.SYS file? I am also having a panda security system is that anything related to the problem, please tell.

Re: Does DSAFLT.SYS has anything to do with the BSOD?

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    I have been getting bsod in my windows xp system since long, and I have been getting an error message which reads PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and the problem file is DSAFLT.SYS. so that’s why I was just wondering if DSAFLT.SYS has anything to do with the bsod. So that’s why I went ahead and checked the location of DSAFLT.SYS and found them in 2 places. One of them is WINDOWS\system32\drivers and the other is Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security2011\FIREWALL. On doing some google search I found that both of them are not the proper location of the file. So I just want to know if DSAFLT.SYS is placed in some other location then will it lead to the bsod? Is it ok to delete the DSAFLT.SYS file? I am also having a panda security system is that anything related to the problem, please tell.
    I don’t think so that is anything related to the antivirus since it might be a hard disk issue. So I would ask you to perform a disc check if the issue is related to the hard disk or not. So do try that. I hope that was helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumathi View Post
    I don’t think so that is anything related to the antivirus since it might be a hard disk issue. So I would ask you to perform a disc check if the issue is related to the hard disk or not. So do try that. I hope that was helpful for you.
    I have ran a disk check and it came out clean. I have performed all the basic steps that was needed I just wanted to know if that change in the location of that file is leading me to BSOD. Please concentrate on that issue ok. That would be better.

I don’t think so antivirus has any role to play and in case if you are still felling that then uninstall the program that you are having and install the trial version. See if the problems is there or not. BSOD normally occurs when you haven’t installed the new hardware properly. So you should check that out properly. Check if all the drivers are properly updated or not. Do have a check. Perform windows updates. See that should work out for you.

Hey nice to see a similar problem being discussed and let me tell you the solution for that, now it worked for me and I cant guarantee you that it will work out for you as well. anyways just give a try. I did all the steps that you had given here. did not work out. One of the blue screens gave me an error in daemonu.exe. I did not knew what was that on doing some research I found out that it was a file needed for the nVidia update, so I deleted it and all the files that were related to it. You won’t believe the blue screen has stopped since then and I am happy that some weird step from my side did work. So you can try that out as well. hope it works.