Thread: Internet explorer showing user name as ‘NT Authority / System’ after installing Panda GP2012

Internet explorer showing user name as ‘NT Authority / System’ after installing Panda GP2012

I had a demo version of GP 2012 and I wanted it to activate to the full versions. So that’s why I was just searching as if where can I get it activated? So I just accidentally bumped on a link which was titled where to find and I clicked on it. On clicking that link internet explorer opened up and on checking the user name it appeared NT Authority / System and it is telling me not to run this browser with this user. I thought it might be a sort of spam links and all, so that’s why I decided to avoid it but now it is appearing every time I click on some other links. What can be the reason behind that, also I have seen that it has happened only after I had installed the panda antivirus in my system.

Any solutions that you all have in your mind then please do let me know about it.

Re: Internet explorer showing user name as ‘NT Authority / System’ after installing Panda GP2012

Quote Originally Posted by Adi.Das View Post
    I had a demo version of GP 2012 and I wanted it to activate to the full versions. So that’s why I was just searching as if where can I get it activated? So I just accidentally bumped on a link which was titled where to find and I clicked on it. On clicking that link internet explorer opened up and on checking the user name it appeared NT Authority / System and it is telling me not to run this browser with this user. I thought it might be a sort of spam links and all, so that’s why I decided to avoid it but now it is appearing every time I click on some other links. What can be the reason behind that, also I have seen that it has happened only after I had installed the panda antivirus in my system.

Any solutions that you all have in your mind then please do let me know about it.
    Ok that’s a very serious issue it should not appear as a System instead it should give the username. That’s what I want to say here. have you reported this issue with the Panda staff, I am sure they will look into this matter very seriously. As it is a very grave issue.

Re: Internet explorer showing user name as ‘NT Authority / System’ after installing Panda GP2012

IE is being showed as the system because it inherits the privileges from the process which launches it, yes that’s a bug that has been reported with the panda people and I am sure they will rectify this error and will solve it with the next update, that’s all I can say here.

Yes I have had a talk with them about the matter and they said to me that they are working on that same. So they asked me to just uninstall the program and then install it back again. So I will be going ahead with the procedure that they have explained it to me and I am working on the same, that’s it from my side.