Thread: Couldn't open attached file after installing Panda Internet Security 2012

Couldn't open attached file after installing Panda Internet Security 2012

I bought a new customized system last week. Installed all the required and necessary software and applications. I found everything working fine and smoothly till I installed the latest version of Panda Internet security 2012.

I have two browsers installed in my pc, they are, Google chrome and Internet Explorer. I install both of them just because my brother prefers internet Explorer for browsing where as I prefer Chrome for the same. But now whenever I open the Panda Internet Security 2012, Google Chrome doesn’t opening and internet explorer is unable to download the attached files.

Re: Couldn't open attached file after installing Panda Internet Security 2012

Make sure that you disable all the unknown threats protection in your system. Also let me know whether the problem occurs only when you turn the internet security or else they exist even after you turn off the internet security?

As according to your suggestion I tried disabling the unknown threats protection, but that didn’t work at all.

But yes after you asked me about the turning on and off of the internet security I tried working with the browser with all possibilities and found that I can access Google Chrome only if I turn off the internet security. Not only I can access Google Chrome but also download the attached files and the same thing is possible in internet explorer too.

But this is not the solution which I am looking out for. I actually wanted to make the entire browser run normally without causing any issue keep the Panda internet security 2012 turn on. It doesn’t matter if I need to disable certain one or two options.

I have Panda internet security 2012 installed in my system from last 6 months. I never faced any such problem with my browser; I am running Mozilla Firefox from the time I bought my PC. I guess both Panda internet security and Firefox are very much compatible with each other, no matter I turn ON or OFF the internet Security. I would better suggest you to switch over to Mozilla Firefox browser. It works great also faster than any other browser with lots of features available.

Recently I installed the Internet Explorer 9.0 browser which has the problem with the 2012 version of Panda; problems are same as posted above in the thread. Couldn’t open the browser if turn on the internet security and even if the browser opens, unable to download the attachments.

And if I wanted to really access the Explorer then I have to reboot the system as turning off the internet security doesn’t makes any difference once turned on.

I have a trick, in order to identify which protection is exactly causing the problem. You need to first uninstall the current antivirus and then reboot the system. After rebooting the system make sure that you perform the customized installation on only the antivirus protection. After doing so reboot the system again but in safe mode.

Now try to rename all the files mentioned below one by one:
    • pavhttp.dll
    • pavtplsp.dll
    • pavtrc.dll
    • webproxy.exe

Again reboot normally, surely your problem should be solved. Try to perform all the activities which were creating issues.

If the issue still exists then the first thing you need to do is to restore all the renamed files to their original names. After restoring the original names, try
    renaming the following names:

• TPSrv
    • SysTools

If you have 32 bit OS then:
    • Rename the file TPSrv.exe located in the antivirus installation folder to TPSrv.ex_
    • Rename the file SysTools.dll located in C:\Windows\System32\ to SysTools.dl_

And if you are having 64 bit OS then:
    • Rename the file SysHelper32.dll located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ to SysHelper32.dl_
    • Rename the file SysHelper64.dll located in C:\Windows\System32\ to SysHelper64.dl_

Then reboot your system normally then again test your system to check whether the problem still persists or not.

Hey I guess the trick worked. I got the main cause of the problem.

I think the problem is with the TruPrevent, it’s the main cause of the browser problem. When I went on to rename the TPSrv.exe to TPSrv.ex_ and SysTools.dll to SysTools.dl_ files what I noticed was that I was able to not only open the Chrome browser but also the attached files in my mails were easily being downloaded. Thanks allot for the solution dear. I just wanted to ask one thing, whether I can download the entire package of Panda Internet Security after doing so many alterations and modifications.