Thread: unable to scan properly using Panda internet security 2011

unable to scan properly using Panda internet security 2011

Recently I installed Panda Internet Security 2011 in my PC. Seems like its facing some problem while scanning the system. When I start the system scan using Panda internet security, the window opens and gets connect to the server almost every time. Now the problem is that when it get connect I can’t see it perform as it use to be initially. While scanning I can also see that the percent bar doesn’t seems to be moving up or raising also I guess the percentage of scan it shows is also fake as it shows approximately 10% when you scan 50 files amongst 100 files. Can anyone help me what’s making such things to happen in my pc?

Re: unable to scan properly using Panda internet security 2011

Your problem seems to be lesser than what i am facing. I am using the same Panda internet Security 2011 version of Panda. It worked fine for first 2 weeks but later the PC started getting slow as after every scan I do.

Including your entire problem which you have mentioned above, I have some extra additional issue regarding the system scanning. Even in my case the percent bar doesn’t seems to be correct, sometimes it also halts and the progression stops. Sometimes the arrow move up and down fluctuating every time.

I also have problem while operating this Panda Internet Security 2011 product. Please help me out with this complex product.

Dude the only solution I have tried with my system is upgrading to the trial version of Panda Internet Security 2012. I have found lots of thread with negative remarks and reports regarding the 2011 version of Panda products. In fact there were issues when were never sorted out by the Panda support itself. Most of the time, they suggested the user to switch to the latest version of the product removing the existing one i.e. switching to 2012 version.

Every time I open or close the Panda internet security 2011 window I can hear an irritating sound. I have no idea how it started but suddenly once I opened the window to scan the system I noticed this “ding” bell sound, earlier it was fine but now it irritates a lot. Not only this but on the same day i also encountered something unusual, I saw an advertisement running without any windows open. Once done with one ad the next video continues followed by another one. I tried my best to get rid of this ads, also tried Ctrl Alt Del but nothing happened. Is this product really so worst that each of its user is facing some sort of problem? I will definitely get the 2012 trial version.

OK, so now I have decided to get the 2012 version of Panda internet Security. But for that I need to clear some of my doubts.

The first thing I need to ask is that do I need to delete or uninstall previous version i.e. 2011 from my computer in order to get 2012 version successfully installed in it? If I really have to take out the 2011 version then please suggest me with some other appropriate suggestion because the existing Panda internet security 2011 which I have is still has the validity of 9 months. I did check the entire production technical requirement.

The first thing I need to ask is that do I need to delete or uninstall previous version i.e. 2011 from my computer in order to get 2012 version successfully installed in it? If I really have to take out the 2011 version then please suggest me with some other appropriate suggestion because the existing Panda internet security 2011 which I have is still has the validity of 9 months. I did check the entire production technical requirement.
    It’s not necessary to uninstall 2011 while downloading or installing 2012 trial version. If you have the 2011 version with 9 months remaining validity then better you keep it as it is in your system and get the 2012 version installed.

But for a safer side I would suggest you to uninstall the 2011 version only before the time of installing 2012. Also before you try anything else just make sure that you defragment the disk and also run a Scandisk in order to eliminate the entire disk problem if any present in it.

I am done with the disk check and also with the defragmentation thing. Then downloaded the 2012 version the system is now working fine along with the scan check other than the lock up on the screen saver mode. But when I scan the system, scanning was working well. In fact it detected 10 viruses and 2010 spywares but ultimately the scanning stopped at 98%. You can say that the scanning was almost completed but only the report was unable to generate.

Before it could generate the report the screen froze. I was forced to restart the system and then was suppose to start the scanning process again.
    Anyways I must say one thing that the 2012 version is very efficient and fast.

In order to get everything on place and to make your product work more efficiently without any errors you will have to download the patches for 2012 version along with it. The required patches you need to download are MS10-048, 053,054,067. After downloading the patches I am sure will not have to get anything else, just continue with your system scanning work. You will not face any problems further.

Dude let me tell you the funniest part, now I am unable to download the complete patches itself. The downloading stops at 048. The system froze when it comes till there. Improper scanning then errors while downloading the patches everything seems like I can never be able to come out of this Panda issue instead I am facing more problem in the solution itself which you people provide. I would better now go and check out some other Antivirus for my systems betterment.