Thread: Drivers damaged after uninstalling Panda Global Protection 2011

Drivers damaged after uninstalling Panda Global Protection 2011

I have been using Panda Global Protection 2011 from last 1 year. It has been working fine so far, but the funny part is that now at the time of uninstallation it’s creating issue.

I purchased the latest version of Panda Global Protection 2011 last week, now in order to install it in my PC I was suppose to uninstall the older version i.e. Panda Global Protection 2011. Now the problem is that after I uninstalled the older version, my network adapter drivers got damaged. It happened only after the complete installation followed by the rebooting. Now due to this I am unable to get the internet connection in my pc. I seriously don’t have any idea how and why this happened and I am also unaware about the solution I need to perform in order to get the problem sorted. Please help me out.

Re: Drivers damaged after uninstalling Panda Global Protection 2011

I would have never believed you if this problem would not persist in my pc too. Yes even I have the same problem with the network adapter driver. I am not sure whether it’s the adapter driver which is causing the problem but I just know that after uninstalling Panda antivirus I am unable to access my internet, it shows some drivers defect issue. Seems like quite unusual and unrelated issue. How come uninstalling an antivirus can have an impact on the network drivers. I am totally clueless about this issue and still helpless without any solution. Didn’t try anything yet, so I am not sure whether it’s a major issue or a minor one. Any suggestions are acceptable here.

So we can say that it’s only your network adapter driver which is not working. I guess you need have to worry, just try to uninstall the driver completely first and then after the uninstallation process again install the drivers. And after that install the necessary Panda Global protection version you want and then perform the system restore. Hope this will help you in some way.

I guess the above solution will somehow help you. But for safer uninstallation of your Panda software I would better suggest you to try out Panda uninstaller utility and try removing the antivirus using this utility.

If still the problem lies in your pc then I would again suggest you to make sure that the PANDA NDIS driver present in your pc is successfully been removed. At least this should solve your problem. I think most probably you will not have to go for the second options as the problem should be sorted out using the Panda Uninstaller utility. But If still the problem persist after using both the tricks then definitely there is something more serious problem existing in your pc.

As far as I am considered I guess it should not be possible to perform the second trick as you won’t be finding any such option available in the setting in order to remove the Panda NDIS driver. Actually the problem is that the network adapters are missing from the devices in your PC due to some reason.

Better you search for the NDIS driver in the device manager, make sure that the NDIS driver is listed in the device manager.

Now I guess the problem is truly becoming too serious. Nothing is working out; I tried all the possible solution. First I ran the Panda uninstaller utility as suggested to me and then rebooted the system both nothing changed the problem still persist. But regarding the second solution provided to me, I still doubt whether I correctly checked the Panda NDIS driver or not. Will definitely check the driver manager but want to first check it out from the settings. Please suggest me how exactly I can check for the NDIS driver in the system and also how can I remove it if present in the system.

In order to check whether you have Panda NDIS driver present in your system or not first you need to go to the Settings windows of any of the network card present in the system, make sure that the window is the one where you can choose to configure your IP4 protocol settings or IP address. Now over there you will find a list of drivers/protocols/clients, check for any Panda driver mentioned in the list.

If your find any just un-tick the driver and the restart your system. Along with that I would also like to tell you to check out the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Panda Software\ and there look out for Setup\Hotfix folder/file.

I have one and only one trick present with me.
    • Start
    • Run
    • Type regedit and press OK
    • After pressing locate the root then delete it and reboot: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\NETIMFLT01060042

After doing everything if still the problem persist then I would again suggest you to install the antivirus and the run the uninstaller in order to clean up any previous remains.

Hey even I had the same problem existing in my system. I have correct drivers but unaware about how to put them up. These drivers later on appeared with the huge yellow exclamation mark in the device manager when I reinstalled those drivers. I have tried the same thing in all the possible ways but still present in the device manager. List leaving a mark they won’t be able to delete from the list. I think there is no possible way to uninstall or delete them for the manager window.

Searching for new hardware shows me the network adapter and installed drivers and also the Panda drivers are listed, neither it works nor it gets deleted.

I have one and only one trick present with me.

• Start
    • Run
    • Type regedit and press OK
    • After pressing locate the root then delete it and reboot: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\NETIMFLT01060042

After doing everything if still the problem persist then I would again suggest you to install the antivirus and the run the uninstaller in order to clean up any previous remains.
    Hey I am now able to uninstall the Panda driver from the device manager using your steps. And guess what I have also made it possible to install the new and correct driver, but now the problem is that unfortunately even after getting everything in place still the correct driver is unable to work. Initially when I was unable to uninstall the driver I thought that the Panda uninstaller has caused some serious corruption in the device manager. But now I think there is some permanent damaged encountered in the system.