Thread: Frequent DSL Connection Fail using Verizon router

Frequent DSL Connection Fail using Verizon router

In my home there is a DSL internet available. The DSL modem is little old. The problem is it goes offline more after 30 minute connection. This is really annoying. If you were online for 30 minutes, then you will be offline for another 15 to 20minutes. After the disconnection it fails to connect again very quickly. I have updated the firmware, double checked the line and cables. No help. I called the modem company, they told me to replace for $100.
    • DSL MODEM: Speedstream 5100 by Efficient Networks.
    • Router: Verizon Wireless/Wired - Model 7501.
    • The connection is based on Ethernet.

Is there any advice to fix this issue? There are multiple phones at my home and only one of them installed filter.

Re: Frequent DSL Connection Fail using Verizon router

Providers should fit according to a DSL signal even though the DSL light on the modem does not light, the error must already exist between telephone line and modem are located (box, telephone cables, splitters, network cable). Similar to the modem, the router LED lights show the states or activities. It is the "DSL signal" light on the modem but not the router, you should take to connect to the router or the router itself under the loupe. If the device has no switches, simply pull the plug (wait until the capacitors have breathed out) and plug it back.

I understand that you are referring to properties of TCP / IP has marked the option to dynamically obtain IP address. Since I had problems I called the service and told static IPs and I got the typical values ... IP: 192.168.1.50, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1. As for the DNS 80.58.0.33 80.58.32.97. I think it is a correct configuration.

I have already tried to enter MAC addresses manually in the settings of the modem, but what was weird is that after having come home, the modem did not recognize any of my computers and am not allowed any network, even from computers ... I have not found can be good MAC addresses, or bad way.

Check that in your telephone there is no extensions overlong, piped music devices, remote alarm systems, social alarms. The presence of these devices could cause loss of Internet connection.

If you have multiple telephone jacks, make sure your system is realized in parallel and in series. In fact, if the plant is built in series when responding to a call connection fails because the phone from which respond automatically isolates the other outlets.

It seems to me like a browser issue that is causing the internet connection to drop after certain time interval. Check the connection settings on the browser you are using is not enabled auto-disconnect from the Internet due to inactivity. If this option is not enabled, or use other programs to navigate, make another check.

• Connect the router to the desktop PC.
    • Open a browser you use and enter the router's web configuration.
    • Locate the Setup tab> Internet Setup. (Make sure the following are well)

• Internet connection type must be chosen: PPPoE (username / password)
    • Dynamic PPPoE: marked.
    • Receive from ISP DNS: checked.
    • Connect model select: Always. (If you want to always be connected or reconnected to lose the connection)
    Any changes you make sure to click below on "Save Settings". Then to your left, click Logout. You close your browser. Restart the PC and off / on the current router.

The most appropriate solution is to upgrade the operating system; you have to get to the windows update page and find the error number, and quickly give them a solution. There is a small update weighing less than 1mb if I remember correctly.

I urge you to do the configuration completely from the scratch once again. Connect the router to the modem, and then install the router software to your computer. You have to detect the router in your computer. The modem sends the signal to the router and the router or computers, you must install the router software in the main computer.

This multiplicity of connections which is also equal what this is inefficient: the local network may become slow. The connections are short, not only to your PC, but also to other PCs in your network. Your router does not know where the packet should go. One solution would be port forwarding.
    If you have already set up, it could be that your downloads come with your maximum internet speed, which also causes a delay for other things.