Thread: Panda firewall - global protection 2012 blocks most of the websites

Panda firewall - global protection 2012 blocks most of the websites

I have a laptop with me which has panda global protection 2012 product installed in it. I also have a wifi network connection at my place. Everything works great but only if I am at my home. I guess the problem is with the panda firewall which is activated in my laptop.

Now the problem is that anywhere outside my home place when I access the wifi connection, the firewall keeps the internet working well but it also blocks me from access most of the web sites. The only way I have found out to get access to those websites is to disable the firewall. Once I disable the fire wall I can easily access the websites which I want. I truly don’t blame firewall but there are certain sites I really want to get accessed but it stops me. so can I get any solution to keep the firewall active and also along the same side I can access the website which I want?

Re: Panda firewall - global protection 2012 blocks most of the websites

First of all make sure to check whether your network adapter is set to a Trusted or the public location in the firewall settings.

Also try to reset the firewall settings from the user interface. If you are unaware about the steps then not to worry, to change the Panda Firewall Settings you need to open the panda user interface and then click on the Firewall item. This will surely open your firewall option window. Just have a look at the available options, and then get the necessary solution for your problem. You will definitely get your solution from the available options.

Hey I got the firewall option window. As suggested by you I followed your steps and got the following options;

• Enable or Disable Windows Services
    • Specify the addresses, ports and protocols
    • Security level of the networks
    • Enabling automatic mode
    • Blacklist and Whitelist of computers with access

If you really understood my problem please let me know the appropriate option I need to select in order to get my issue resolved. Also let me know what exactly I need to do in that possible option.

Let me also tell you that the network I am attempting to use is a trusted network but still I am facing the problem.

Once even I faced the same issue with the firewall setting active in my panda global protection 2012. In my case I never faced any problem being at my home. I use to get access to all the website I needed but once I get out of my house and use the wifi network connection of being at some wifi enabled spots the panda firewall use to restrict me from accessing maximum sites include the ones which I use to able to get the access being at my place.

What I did was tried changing the adapter to the public location and also restored the firewall list to default. Everything worked fine then onwards.