Thread: Panda Internet Security 2012 does not works properly on wireless network

Panda Internet Security 2012 does not works properly on wireless network

Hey friends I am running my two computers on wireless network from the day I bought them. Both the host machine and the remote machine share the same configuration. 1 interesting thing is that I never faced issues with only one or any one of the system instead my both the system till now shares the same and equal benefits and also same issues.

But now the case is not the same. I installed Panda internet security 2012 on each of my computers using a wireless network. Now when I do a full scan check on my host computer it takes less than a minute and when I do the same task in my remote computer it takes more than 30 minutes for the same.

Re: Panda Internet Security 2012 does not works properly on wireless network

So you have two different machines connect on a network, I mean a wireless network. For your kind information I think it’s not the network which is responsible for the slow scanning in one of your remote system.

Let me tell you that while scanning your system the scan time depends upon the hard disk size of your machine and the space used in it. so I guess in both your machines either you must be using two different hard disks or else there maybe major difference in the space utilization.

According to me I think the hard disk of size of your remote machine is huge as compared to the host machine or else the space available in it is lesser than the host. Check out your system configuration and let me know.

I think there is some misunderstanding in your observation regarding the system scan check time.
    For a system to take just less than a minute to do a scan check sounds strange and quite unreal. You know less than a minute is a tiny amount of time which I think is impossible to perform a complete scan check only if your system has less data stored.

Let me know whether in your host computer do you really get the scan report after the scan check or else the scan window directly and automatically closes without giving you the scan report?

I already told you that both my system share the same configurations and also runs equally well with no major issues on any of the specific machine. The only difference in both the system is that my host computer has Windows 7 64 bit edition IE8 installed in it whereas my remote computer runs on XP-Pro IE8. So I think there should be no question of both the system sharing different hard disk.

Also I would like to tell you that I never got a scan check report after the scan complete instead I gets a green check light which indicates that the scanning is completed. And the report says that the system was checked and there are no viruses or anything found.

Hey please help me out too. Even I am facing some problem with my Panda internet security 2012 while scanning my networked PCs. Is it necessary to get into the BIOS in order to scan for virus? Manually running the antivirus and changing the order of the drivers from which the system boots seems to be unreasonable. Is there any better way to run the scan procedure without making a possibility of getting into the BIOS?

I am not sure. But if you really want to make that you get your system scanned in a safe environment without any unexpected halt or sudden closing of window, you are necessary to change the boot order in the BIOS in order to get the CD prior to the hard disk and then scan with the SafeCD.

While facing the same problem on my network PC I tried almost the similar kind of think in order to get an appropriate result. I tried to boot from the SafeCD in order to scan for the virus, actually booting from the safe CD is just for the assurance that there is no malware present in our system that is killing the scan process. What exactly I did was first I made a recovery disk and then had my computer boot from the recoverable disk drive, after doing so there were no readable files detected.

In order to boot I was suppose to make a bootable disk using Nero which I am also willing use to make a Safe CD. But now I am confused how do I burn the CD, should I make it as a Data CD or an iso image?

When I ran an antivirus on all the remote PCs including the host computer which are connected through the network, the scanning ran for about one and half hour in the remote pc where the host computer took near about 2 hours. I think you have correctly identified the difference between your issue and my problem. Yes in my case the host computer take more time than the remote PC in order to scan the system. While running the scan check on the host machine, the machine hangs at 10% on the file called config.msi for few minutes, then suddenly runs to 35% without any interruption and then from there it completes the whole scanning up to 100% without any stopping. The panda antivirus does not run during some brief moments when the computer goes into the hibernation.

Recently I made I burnt 5 discs on my computer system amongst which one was a boot disc. In order to burn all the 10 discs I used Nero multimedia 10. One is extracted; the other one is an image file and also made another image file from CNET site.
    One thing I would definitely like to tell you is that I personally feel Nero as very much confusing as it gives the user the option of making the ISO and the boot disc. But the one which I made was designated as a boot disc which actually boot to the DOS prompt but still the panda gets error.