Thread: Getting Error 1606 while installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Getting Error 1606 while installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

In my computer I have windows Vista operating system and I am facing problem while installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in my computer. Whenever I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in my computer at that time I get Error 1606. What should I do to solve this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Getting Error 1606 while installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Normally this type of problem takes place if any other security program is installed in the computer or you have not removed that properly. In my computer same problem was occurred because of the Microsoft Security Essentials. I have first removed Microsoft Security Essentials from my computer and then I have reboot the PC and then when I tried to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in my PC at that time I didn’t get any problem. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

Many times if a registry file gets corrupted then also this type of problem occurs and that is why I will suggest you to download Ccleaner in your computer and then install it. Now open Ccleaner in your computer then you have click on registry and after clicking on registry you have to select scan for issues option and then click on the fix issue. Now after that try to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in your computer and your problem might get solved.

you can also try to solve this problem by creating a new administrator account and after creating that it you have to try to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 after logging in to new account. Try this solution and check whether it makes any difference or not?

Well I have created new user account in my computer and after creating that account in my computer I have tried to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 after logging in from that account.after trying this solution also same error was occurring. I have also run Ccleaner but that does not make any difference.

Have also tried Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool with no luck. Now please tell me
    what should I do to solve this problem?

You have to check whether public key it exist in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList resgistry key or not? If it is not there then you have to make it and after that restart the your PC and problem will get solved.

To create public key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key you have to follow below steps.

• First you have to open start menu and type regedit in start menu search box.
    • It will open registry editor.
    • Now locate below key
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    • After that right click and then select new.
    • Now choose expandable string value.
    • You have to type ‘Public’ in name
    • now double click on that
    • set value to %SystemDrive%\Users\Public.
    • Restart your computer and tjhen you have to check whether your are experiencing same problem while installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.