Thread: Infected with Trojan:Win32 Sirefef.P

Infected with Trojan:Win32 Sirefef.P

Hi all, currently, I am facing some problem with my computer. Actually that is infected with Trojan:Win32 Sirefef.P. After the infection, my computer has started showing me some weird behavior and I a m not able to understand that how this can be resolved. Many of the times I found that the browser gets redirected to some random site automatically. When I run Windows Defender then It detects the Trojan:Win32 Sirefef.P. Windows Defender also failed to clean that from my computer. Can you guess that what could be the reason for this problem or anything regarding this virus? Please reply if you have any suggestion for this.

Re: Infected with Trojan:Win32 Sirefef.P

Trojans have a really powerful and dangerous for the PC. To get out of this issue, you will need a good antivirus. Avira trial is at the top of the list and you must make use of this. Make sure that you do the anti-virus scan in safe mode if it failed to work in normal mode.

You can download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and update it and do a scan. I am using the same and have never faced the issues like this.

The best that I can recommend you is the Microsoft Security Essentials. You can download and install that on your computer. If you don’t have internet connection then also you can keep this update with the help of the offline update. Offline update file is available for this and you can just download it from any cyber and then install that in your computer. It will prevent your computer from such infection.

I am not very sure that this work but if you want then you can try by deleting this manually. This virus in there in the C: \ Windows \ System32 as Sirefef.O. Just delete this file and see if this resolved the problem for you or not.