Thread: Internet download speed is slow with linksys E4200

Internet download speed is slow with linksys E4200

Hi friends I am using Linksys E4200 and I experiencing problem with my router. When I connect Ethernet cable direct to my PC at that time I get proper download speed but when I use my router then internet speed is very slow. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Internet download speed is slow with linksys E4200

I will suggest you should first open router configuration page and after that you have to check whether all the setting is proper or not. I am telling you this because many times this type of problem occurs because if the wrong setting. i hope this information will be helpful for you.

Well I was facing same problem with my Linksys router and after that I have tried to solve this problem by resetting my Linksys E4200 router but after resetting the router also I was experiencing the same problem. Now aft that I have come to know that 1st port of my router was restricted at 10 MB because of some reason and then I have switched the connection to 2nd port and after trying that my problem gets solved. Now I am not getting any problem with internet download speed. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

If you want any more help then please let me know.

I have reset my Linksys E4200 router and after resetting the router also I was facing same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by switching connection with different port but after that also I was facing same problem. if I connect different router at that time I don’t get any problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

You have said that with different router you are not experiencing same problem and that is why I think this can defiantly be a firmware problem and that is why I will suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the Linksys E4200 and after upgrading the firmware you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

Try this solution and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not?

If you don’t know about how to upgrade the firmware of your router then you have to follow these steps.

• First download the firmware upgrade the file from internet.
    • Now access router setup page
    • Select administration tab.
    • Select firmware upgrades option.
    • Now click on browse.
    • After that you have to select firmware upgrade file from the folder where you have downloaded it
    • Now after that you have to click on OK.

Most of the time after upgrading the firmware user face problem with connection and that is why I would like to tell you that once your firmware upgrade is done you should reset your router. Now after doing this you will not face any problem.