Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-01-2012

sad PING request timed out sometimes

Hi guys, i need ur professional help..
There is some problem with the network in our company.. the problem is when i ping the server (Application Server @ 192.168.1.3), i get only one successful reply and then it shows "request timed out"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Pinging 192.168.1.3 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.3: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=62
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out
----------------------------------------------------------[/

after sometime everything becomes normal automatically and i m getting successful pings
then at times when i ping again, the same thing happens..
and at same time when i ping ActiveDirectory (@192.168.1.1) the ping is successful..

And i have noted one thing that when the workstation getting successful PING response and i restart that workstation, after restart there is no ping !!

the servers and the computers are connected using unmanaged switches..
i have tried rebooting the server, the computers and the switches but it did NOT help..

Firewall is turned off on all the workstations, on workstations we have XP and on Servers we have windows 2000 Server and we r using McAfee 8.7 antivirus..

6694527905_a4ed60b425_z by tazonline21, on Flickr

Sorry for such a long post but i m stuck n i need ur help..

Thanks in advance..
Old 28-01-2012

Re: PING request timed out sometimes

It might be the corporate location connection. They can do a reset on that account.. a line trace, etc... Call the ISP provider for the corporated location, and have them do the test. Often they can just flip a switch at their office, resetting the connection. Also check suggestions in this similar type of thread - Ping Request Time Out sometimes
Old 28-01-2012

@james Thanks alot for the reply mate...
But all the switches are at our location.. and i have tried resetting the switches also but no success..
right now its working just fine but after some time it will start giving "Request timed out"

Can there be any problem in the Server settings??? because when i plug the LAN cable of Application Server(192.168.1.3) to my laptop and configure Laptop's IP to 192.168.1.3, the ping is continuously successful..
Old 02-04-2012

Did you manage to find a resolution to this issue as I am experience the same exact same thing?
Old 03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespepper View Post
Did you manage to find a resolution to this issue as I am experience the same exact same thing?
Can you please explain in details what exactly are you facing? Are you connected to a network? What type of internet you are using, broadband or cable or dsl or any other? If it is a cable connection then check lan cable if it is fixed properly & if possible interchange lan cable between different ports-disable & enable the lan & check local area network is connected-still not-restart the system normally.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,