Thread: Linksys E3000 router cannot connect to multiple devices wirelessly

Linksys E3000 router cannot connect to multiple devices wirelessly

My Linksys E3000 router (firmware 1.0.02) showing problem with some devices:
    • iPhone 4G
    • iPod Touch 2G
    • PC with wireless connection
    • Acer NetBook

The wifi connection above device interrupted and dropped but the router DHCP clients table shows devices are still connected. So it seems to me that there is no transmission of data in between them. All the devices showing different kind of connection issue with different time interval. Is it a router’s problem?

Re: Linksys E3000 router cannot connect to multiple devices wirelessly

There are 2 things you need to do and those are:
    • Try changing the WEP protection
    • Then change the 20 MHz wide channel, channel 11 Standard

This problem can have several causes. You can check the following:
    1. It sounds obvious, but make sure your wireless network card is enabled. This can be disabled via software or laptops with a button on the laptop.
    2. Remove your wireless network card or USB adapter and reconnect to your computer or laptop. This is often a solution to problems with your wireless network.
    3. Try your wifi card in a different computer. Does not this one, then the card could be broken.
    4. Ensure the latest drivers and client software of your wireless network.
    5. Make sure Wireless Zero Configuration is started (in Windows XP).
    6. Try a different slot or USB port of your wireless network.

I think Often this has to do with security settings, but also by other causes are:
    • Look for other computers are able to connect. If so, then the problem is confined to a computer.
    • It may be running too far from the access point is. Often the signal strength in Windows is an imprecise. Measure the signal agrees with Netstumbler .
    • Check the network key you entered and re-enter the WPA key in a type error is easily made.
    • Sets, if possible, the encryption and MAC address filtering on the router or access point and see if you can connect now.
    • Verify that the name of the WiFi wireless network is short and no spaces or weird characters occur.
    • Reset the router or access point, if you have access to.

I have a problem with my router. I always see my router on the list. But I want to connect then it says

"Possible problem with the 802.1x applicant. The current connection is disconnected. "

I have multiple computers at different locations with different network components (usb wifi, any router and win XP) and in those locations connects WiFi is (just WPA 128 dent encrypted) but there's no communication (zero bytes, I get not even a DHCP assigned IP number). In the router I do not see the MAC address displayed so that points out again that there is actually no connection.

• Go to Control Panel
    • Double click the Administrative Tools icon (if you do not see it click on "Switch to Classic View" on the left)
    • Double-click Services
    • Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration and in the tab "general" in the section "Service Status" hit "start" and when finished hit "accept."

Should be checked each of these steps, even if they seem trivial:
    • Installation of the wireless card
    • Installation of drivers for wireless card
    • Connect the router to the wall outlet and cable outlet
    • Device is powered, wifi enabled on the router

If you cannot get connected to wifi but Ethernet, it may be that you connect to wifi it is necessary to add in the configuration of the router the MAC address of your wireless card. It is then necessary to log on to 192.168.1.1 to allow the mac address of your wireless card, and save / restart the router.

If your wireless card is a usb wifi or a PCMCIA card (hardware is not built into the computer that you can unplug), then test on your other PC to make sure it works properly. If you have another key or wireless card, try on the pc the problem. It happened to me the same symptoms a while ago and this is my internal wireless card that had passed away for no reason when it said "capture" the signal (which does not mean necessarily that the same case for you).

It seems to me that the you have configured the different kind of wireless mode in your router and the devices which you are trying to connect might be with different kind of Wifi mode. If your iphone use wifi/n and ipad might be on wifi/g, router may not be able to see the devices. So always configure your router in Mixed Mode.