Thread: Linksys WRT110 disconnects randomly

Linksys WRT110 disconnects randomly

I have bought Linksys WRT110 router and it is giving me problem when I connect my router with my laptop though WIFI. Whenever I connect laptop to the router through WIFI at that time it gets disconnected randomly. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Linksys WRT110 disconnects randomly

After looking at your problem I will first suggest you to remove your WIFI network from your laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop and then you have to add the wireless network again in your laptop and after trying this solution you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Well there was similar problem occurred with me also and I was also experiencing the problem while connecting the router with laptop and after that I have update the firmware of the router and after updating the firmware of the router all the problem get solved easily. I think you should also check whether you are using latest firmware in your Linksys WRT110 or not. if you are not using latest firmware in your router then you have to download latest firmware from the internet and then your problem might get solved.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Have you tried any other device with your Linksys WRT110 router? If you have not tried any other WIFI device with your router then you have to first connect any other device with your router and after that check whether you are getting same problem or not.

If you get same problem then problem is with Linksys WRT110 otherwise something else is causing this problem.

I am using latest firmware in my Linksys WRT110 router and I have also tried to solve this problem by removing the wireless network from my laptop and then adding the network again in my laptop and after trying that also I get same problem. when I connect any other device with router at that time also I get same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

I have searched on the internet regarding this problem and I have come to know that by disabling the UPnP from the router configuration this problem can get solved easily. I think you should disable the UPnP and after that save the setting and after saving the setting your problem will get solved.

To disable the UPnP you have to follow these steps.

• First open router configuration page
    • After opening the router configuration page you have to select administration tab.
    • Now after that select management tab.
    • Disable the UPnP.
    • Save the setting .

After performing the above steps your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

If after trying above solution also if you are experiencing the same problem then you have to open wireless setting in router setup page and then set Beacon Interval to 50 and RTS and Fragmentation threshold to 2304. Now after that save that setting and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?