Thread: Linksys wrt54gl was secure but now it shows unsecure.

Linksys wrt54gl was secure but now it shows unsecure.

Hi friends I am using Linksys wrt54gl router and it was working fine and was experiencing connection issue with my router and because of that I have reset the router and after resetting the router all the things started working properly. The only problem is now my router listed as unsecure. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Linksys wrt54gl was secure but now it shows unsecure.

I have read your question and I would like to tell you that you are facing this problem because you have reset your router and because of that all the configuration which you have saved has removed. To secure the router you have to do security setting manually and then your problem will get solved.

To manually set the Wireless security you have to follow these steps. You have to first open the router setup page in your system and then you have to select Wireless tab. Now after selecting the wireless you have to select wireless security option. Now you have to select WPA personal option from the security mode. Now after that you have to enter set the password there and after that you have to save the setting and after doing that you have to restart the router.

I hope after trying above steps your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

Thank you for helping me. I have set the wireless security by going in to the router configuration page and then selecting wireless option. Now after that when I restart the router from that time all the things started working properly. I really appreciate your help.