Thread: Cannot access some web pages with Cisco Linksys E4200 v2

Cannot access some web pages with Cisco Linksys E4200 v2

I am facing weird problem with Cisco Linksys E4200 v2 router. Whenever I try to open websites like MSN, facebook and yahoo at that it does not open. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem is very frustrating for me. If anyone has solution regarding this then please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot access some web pages with Cisco Linksys E4200 v2

I will suggest you to first check whether SPI firewall is not disabled in router setting. If SPI firewall is disabled then you have to enable it and after enabling the SPI firewall setting you have to save that setting and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

If you don’t know about how to enable SPI firewall then I will help you with that. You have to first open router configuration page in your computer and then you have to click on the security tab. After clicking on the security tab you have to select firewall option and then check whether SPI firewall option is enable or disabled. If SPI firewall disabled there then you have to enable it and after selecting the enable option you have to save that setting and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help after that then let me know.

I have read the problem which you are facing with Cisco Linksys E4200 v2 I will suggest you to open router setup page and then go to the setup tab and then you have to make sure that NAT is not disabled. If it is disabled then you have to enable it first and after enabling that your problem will get solved.

Well I have open router configuration page and then check about the SPI firewall and it was already enabled there and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by enabling the NAT from the configuration but that does not help me to solve this problem. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

You can also try to fix this problem by adjusting the MTU. To adjust the MTU you have to do following steps.

• Open your web user interface (router setup page)
    • Then you have to click on the setup.
    • After that click on basic setup
    • Now select optional setting.
    • Select MTU to manual and select any size between 1200 to 1500
    • Now save setting.
    • After trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Thank you so much Jugo, I had the same issue, and enabling SPI firewall fixed the problem, fantastic. But, to be honest, I do not understand why having the SPI firewall disabled causes the issue. Do you know why ?