Thread: How to change NAT type to open on Cisco Linksys E2000 router??

How to change NAT type to open on Cisco Linksys E2000 router??

I have recently purchased Cisco Linksys E2000 wireless router. I want to ask that can I change my NAT(Network address translation) type from moderate to open so I can easily play XBOX without any much trouble. Can anyone help me through this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to change NAT type to open on Cisco Linksys E2000 router??

Open Internet Explorer browser page on your desktop. In the address bar insert - 192.168.1.1 address and press Enter. Leave Username blank and in Password space use ‘admin’. After that click on save settings. You should check after this process the type of NAT. if it has changed and worked for me. Inform me.

You should follow the below settings to get your issue solved:
    • Click on Administration tab>>disable the option UPnP>>click Save Settings.
    • Click on Applications and Gaming tab>>then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab.
    • On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under IP address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box, select Save Settings.
    • Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
    • Select the status tab and note down DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses.
    • Go to XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and then insert the following details on your Xbox network settings
    • IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1
    • Assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
    • Use DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses of the router status tab as Primary DNS & Secondary DNS for the xbox.
    • Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox for few minutes
    • Power on the modem first and wait for another minute and plug the router power cable and wait for another minute and check the Xbox. I hope it will connect.

I tried all the process you have mentioned above but nothing has worked for me. I am connected to LIVE but it displays the message as I still have moderate NAT settings. It also showcases me to turn on the UPnP. I tried that also but unfortunately it doesn’t work. What should I do now?? It is very annoying. I want to play games on my Xbox as soon as possible.

You should use port range triggering instead of forwarding in your multiple Xbox. So it will allow one Xbox to be an open NAT when turned on and the other will be on a moderate NAT till the first will remain on open NAT. I am using PS3 and it always has an open NAT so I don’t need to do any forwarding. CISCO service centre assured me that I can use two open NAT simultaneously.

I've got the same issue, and this didn't work for me. I used 192.168.1.20 IP address but found on the setup page that I needed to go anywhere from the range of .100 to .149. So I used .130. But it didn’t work for me either. I am not able to proceed now. I have also tried forwarding 443 and 2074 as I saw these on other forums but that also didn't work for me. What should I do??

Thanks a lot guys. I finally figured out everything and it is working now. I found out that earlier I was not properly inserting the settings. I was giving the IP address all the time. This was thus my silly mistake. Now I am happy. I love to play the Xbox with the NAT type on and not moderate. Thanks again guys for helping me out. Really appreciated.