Thread: Internet Connection is slow with Linksys e1500 Router

Internet Connection is slow with Linksys e1500 Router

I am using Linksys e1500 Router with my Lenovo laptop and I have all the things were working like a charm. Now it has suddenly started giving me problem. when I connect internet in my laptop via WIFI at that time it gives slow speed and if I connect though Ethernet able at that time it works fine. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Internet Connection is slow with Linksys e1500 Router

The first thing I will suggest you is to remove all the WIFI related setting from your Lenovo laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to do all the setting related to the Wireless network again and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I was also going through similar problem and I have first tried to solve this problem by removing all the setting from my laptop and then doing all the setting again and after that also I was also facing same problem. Now after that I have disable WMM option from router setup and then I have saved the setting and then my problem gets solved. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

If you don’t know about how to disable WMM option then you have to follow these steps and then your problem will get solved. you have to first connect the router with your laptop thorough Ethernet cable and then you have to go to the router configuration page and then you have to click on the application and games tab. After that you have to click on the QoS. Now after clicking on that you have to select disable option for WMM and then you have to click on the save setting tab and after that you have to check whether you are proper speed or not.

According to me after trying these steps your problem will get solved.

If after trying above steps also if you are facing same problem then there might be problem with your router and I will suggest you to contact the Cisco support and then you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing with your router and after that they will give you proper solution and then your problem will get solved.

I have disabled the WMM option and after disabling the WMM option when I connected my Lenovo laptop with my router via WIFI at that time I didn’t get any problem and internet speed was also Ok. Now I am not facing any problem. thank you for helping me. I really appreciate your help.