Thread: need help in monitoring connection speed on the Cisco Linksys E4200 router

need help in monitoring connection speed on the Cisco Linksys E4200 router

I have recently bought Cisco Linksys E4200 router. I am very sad that it does not allow me to monitor the connection speeds of the router. All my previous routers used to allow me monitor the connection speeds. I want to make sure that on what speed my device is working to check whether I have connected the setup properly or not. Can anyone help me out in this relevant issue?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: need help in monitoring connection speed on the Cisco Linksys E4200 router

I haven’t found or even heard that we can monitor connection speed of router. I will suggest you to kindly search the connection speed of your router on the computer. You should click on wireless settings then select router and then click on connection speed. You will find the appropriate value of the connection speed. So you can easily check that have you connected the setup properly.

I think you didn’t understand my question rightly. I am saying that my previous Dlink router use to give me the information about 2Ghz band and monitor traffic speed as well as the 5Ghz band. I am expecting this facility on my new Cisco Linksys E4200 router as it is top end model in the router list. They are advertising that they are giving speed like 300 to 450Mbps. But I am not finding this router offers so much speed.

You are partly right and partly wrong. Tomato opensource firmware or DD-WRT opensource firmware allow routers to monitor the connection speed. Cisco Linksys E4200 router does not have the facility to monitor the connection speed because it is not supported by any opensource firmware. It is as simple as that. So you should check the connection through your computer by selecting the wireless settings and then checking the connection speed.

Thanks a lot guys for clearing my mind from this query. I did not know that the router needs to support opensource firmware to monitor the connection speed. I think my previous routers where supporting this firmware that is why they were able to do it. I am highly admired to get this information from you all. Thanks again.