Thread: How to reset Linksys wrt120n to factory defaults

How to reset Linksys wrt120n to factory defaults

I am using Linksys wrt120n router and I am using this router with my computer. I am trying to reset my Linksys wrt120n router because I have lost admin password. I have press the reset button for 30 seconds but after that also I didn’t notice any effect on status light and my problem does not get solved. Is there any other way to fix this problem then please let me know?

Re: How to reset Linksys wrt120n to factory defaults

I will suggest you to follow these steps to reset your Linksys wrt120n router.

• You have to turn off all the things (computer, modem, and router)
    • Now remove all the connection from your Linksys wrt120n router.
    • Now after that only turn on the router and don’t do anything for 3 to 4 minutes.
    • After doing that you have to reset the router by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds and after doing that wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
    • Turn off the router and then connect computer LAN wire in router (connect in port 1)
    • After that turn on the router and then start your computer.
    • Now after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

If above steps does not help you to solve this problem then you have to have to disconnect the modem from your router and after that you have to select "obtain an IP address automatically" option in local area network connection properties and then try to open setup page.

If you want to select network select "obtain an IP address automatically" in local area network properties then you have to follow this steps. You have to first go to the network connection. In your computer and after that you have to right click on the local area network in your computer and after that you have to properties. After that you have to select "obtain an IP address automatically". Now after that click on OK and then your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

I have reset the router by trying the steps which is mentioned above and after that also I was facing same problem and after that I have select "obtain an IP address automatically" option in Local area network properties and after doing that also I get same problem. Is there any other way to solve this problem then please let me know?

There was similar problem occurred with my system also and I was also using Linksys wrt120n router. I have search the solution on the internet regarding this and after that I have come to know that by upgrading the firmware of the router ic an fix this solution. Now after that I have press the reset button on the router for 30 seconds where it comes in to the bootloader and after that bootloader allow to upgrade the firmware and then I have upgrade the firmware 1.0.04 and after upgrading the firmware my problem get solved.

You should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

If you want to download the firmware 1.0.04 for your Linksys wrt120nouter then you have to go to the official site of the Cisco and then you have to look for the Linksys wrt120n router and then you have to click on the download option and then you have to download the latest firmware and then upgrade the firmware.