Thread: unable to get internet access on Cisco E4200V2 Wireless Router

unable to get internet access on Cisco E4200V2 Wireless Router

I have recently upgraded my Cisco WRT320N router to Cisco E4200v2 router. I have inserted all the same configuration of my old router in my new router. I am connecting this wireless router to my tablet. I am using android 3.2 honeycomb OS. Yesterday when I kept it in the sleep mode and after some time I found out that I cannot access the internet. When I turned it off and on it is working but it is taking lot of time. When I changed my router to the original one I found out that everything is working very fine. What should be the issue regarding Cisco E4200v2 router?? Can anyone help me?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to get internet access on Cisco E4200V2 Wireless Router

Dear friend have you upgraded the routers firmware?? You should hard reset the router for 30 seconds and again release the button. Then eventually power cycle it and totally configure it again scratch it with a wired computer?

Ya dude I have done exactly as you said me. I hold the reset button for 30 seconds and released the button and unplugged it. But after plugging again I found out I still had my earlier configuration and the tablet was still not accessing the internet. At what stage I am doing a mistake?? Please tell me properly so I will be able to succeed.

I am facing the same problem. I was using Cisco E4200v2 router and my I used galaxy tab. I was unable to acces the internet which was very annoying from my side. As I am savvy I need internet at the time I want.

Same problem was occurring with your old router?? Which model were you using?? Which tablet do you have which has Android 3.2 OS and it is not accessing the internet. Kindly give me all the details properly so I can help you regarding this in the right direction. Thank you.

My previous router was working very fine without any single issue. I was having ASUS rt-n56u router. I am having Sony tablet with upgraded Android 3.2 Honeycomb. I have also found this issue on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus mobile. Please help me. Waiting for your reply.

You should follow these steps to solve your issue:

• Install Cisco Connect Software
    • Open the software and click on the option "Router Settings"
    • Select router's configuration page and click on Advanced Settings
    • Click on Wireless tab and select network mode as mixed mode

In case if you haven’t installed Cisco connect then you should log on to the router's user interface using the default IP address in your browser. The default IP address is 192.168.1.1. You should insert the password as ‘admin’ and leave the username field blank. This will automatically transfer you to your router’s web interface and follow then click on router settings, after that click on advanced settings and then click on Wireless tab and change the network mode to mixed.

I was having the same problem so I did full 30/30/30 reset by plugging and unplugging and reconfigured the router settings from the scratch. I am setting 2.4 GHz radio to Wireless-G mode. Changing the settings to 20 MHz does not solve the issue. It is completely annoying.

You should follow the process given below:

• Click on Storage>>Media Server>>Change UPnP Media Server to disabled then select Save Settings
    • Click on Administration>>Management>>Disable UPnP at the bottom of the page and select Save Settings
    • Do a 30-30-30 reset and reconfigure from the scratch. Hope it works.

Unfortunately guys after doing so many things the issue is still same. I changed the network mode to mixed mode but it is showing the same issue again and again. I will take help of some engineer or give it to repair now. I don’t have any option left now. Btw thanks a lot guys for lending me help. I will surely inform you if I get some solution.