Thread: IPv6 Support for Cisco Linksys E3000

IPv6 Support for Cisco Linksys E3000

I am unsure that if this is having the IPv6 support and so I wanted to confirm this from here. Other than this, if it is not having the IPv6 Support then would it be possible to have the firmware update for this so that we can have the IPv6 Support for Cisco Linksys E3000. If you have can post some information for this then I will really appreciate that reply. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: IPv6 Support for Cisco Linksys E3000

I would like to tell you that it will be difficult to run the IPv6 with the router if the ISP that you are using is not having support for this. I am not able to understand that why do people always try to go to the second step earlier than the first one. But for your information I want to tell you that this is not having the IPv6 Support.

I know that this is not having the IPv6 but I can say that this is worth to get E3000. The Linksys E3000 has twice the bandwidth to enable HD video streaming, file transfers and performance in play faster. Link your other computers and devices to the Internet and to each other at speeds of N bands at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These tapes allow you to simultaneously avoid interference network. Use the 2.4 GHz band for Internet browsing and e-mails, and the 5 GHz band for time-sensitive entertainment.

Here are the main features of this product that you are going to get.
    • Allows your visitors a simple, password-protected Internet access.
    • WPA, WPA2, and other advanced security features.
    • Connect with Cisco in a few steps into the Internet, with guest access, and child protection functions.
    • Connecting a USB storage device and share content over your home network, including built-in UPnP AV media server.
    • Delivery: E3000 Linksys Wireless-N Router, CD-ROM with Cisco Connect software, Ethernet network cable, power supply.

The Wireless-N Dual-Band can benefit from simultaneous HD video smoother and faster game. The USB port and UPnP AV media server lets you share files on your network and stream music, videos and photos on an Xbox 360, PS3 or other compatible device. The four Gigabit Ethernet ports allow file transfers faster Gigabit with other devices. The Linksys E3000 is ideal for mobile entertainment at home.

IPv6 Support is the only thing that this is missing and I hope that it will be made available after the firmware update. The installation process is designed for you very easy because the software does Cisco Connect up and running your secure wireless network in a few easy steps. The streamlined user interface allows you to effortless range from simple to advanced settings.

I liked all the features of this and specially the ability to connect a USB drive but I found that the Cisco connect is very limited for the routers like this. It should be enhanced.