Thread: System Check Virus on Windows XP

System Check Virus on Windows XP

This program installed on windows XP computer keep on showing a threat detected. It usually shows at the start up. The system check opens at the start up and after scanning everything, it shows threat detected and tells me to buy the full version in order to get rid of the problem. What is it? Can anyone tell me briefly?

Re: System Check Virus on Windows XP

Sources telling that System Check is a malicious program which fakes the computer defragmenter to install it and do the system analysis. It is same as the System Fix virus and some other which came along with that period. It will install automatically in your computer. It doesn’t ask for any permission and install it in your computer without knowing. The main source of this sofrware is Trojans or other malicious things. I think that some antivirus manufactures already distributed tools or updates to its program to remove this virus. I think you can find it on Kaspersky.

System check performs a fake scan and then tells you about the critical errors. Then it will ask you to pay for the software in order to remove the threats or errors and do the repairs. Certainly, all errors are fake and you should ignore them. If you sure about this fake app, then disconnect the internet from your computer so that it cannot download anything more or communicate with malicious program. It also blocks some of the Windows apps along with Antivirus.

To remove this virus you need to download TDSSKiller and then run a complete system scan. Remove found rootkits and Reboot the system to make perfect changes. Then downloaded anti-malware software (Spyware Doctor) and run can to check for the some outlasting virus components.

First of all take a look into the Associated System Check files and registry values:
    If you are using the Windows XP:
    • %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS]
    • %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
    • %UsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\System Check\
    • %AllUsersProfile% refers to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
    • %UserProfile% refers to: C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]

Also look into the Registry values:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe"
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'yes'
    • Remove them and you will be free from System-check.

You must need to delete System Check virus:
    • Ignore everything that is coming out from the System Check virus
    • It is asks for pay, Do not pay.
    • Download, install and run GridinSoft Trojan Killer along with GridinSoft Unhider and GridinSoft Restore

First of all it is a TDSS trojan. To remove this Trojan, you must download and install TDSSKiller. Suppose if you are not able to install and run the TDSSKiller, then try Combofix. Run it and go after the prompts. If it won’t then rename it to myapp.exe and try again.

I have been trying to remove this virus from my computer but no matter what I do, it won’t let off my PC. So far I have done everything to clear this junk. Then my friend to me to AVG Spyware Help Center. They sent me a unique program which then removed the virus wihin a minute. At last I rebooted the computer and everything became normal. Before the removal, AVG was disabled. Now it is perfectly running and I updated it also. I hope that it doesn’t not infect again.

Many people telling that this is a malware (not a virus). It is bundles with a rootkit. I hides most of the files from your computer and disables your original antivirus program. As long as this is running in your computer, you cannot access the Antivirus program. I say that do not delete any files from your computer unless you are sure about that.

Basically there 2 options to remove this virus from your computer
    • First thing you can do is to register rogue program by the help of debugged reg key
    • You can use the Rkill.exe + Unhide.exe from bleeping computer to restore missing files. After that only you can run the antivirus or antimalware program to remove the System-check.

Is your antivirus program is really disabled by that program? If not you can look for the special update or anything from the maker to remove the system-check completely without adding extra efforts to the computer. Search in Different antivirus support forum and see which one is giving a special tool remove the system-check malware. Install that antivirus if possible and try again. If the special tool can be installed directly, then it Is very much helpful.