Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to find a WEP/WPA/Security Key/Password for my wireless router

Networking & Security

Old 19-01-2012

How to find a WEP/WPA/Security Key/Password for my wireless router

How to find a WEP/WPA/Security Key/Password for my wireless router. I am actually new on the same and I am here trying to learn a bit about wireless network. I am having a manual with me, but when I am trying to find things in the router IP I am not able to locate any options. I want some help here through which I can simply go ahead and find the key which I am looking for and make it lot more stronger.

Old 19-01-2012

I am confused with the answer you are looking for. I want to know that settings you actually want. Are you trying to strengthen the router security by modifying the security options or you are trying to change the password. Most of this settings are located in the WAN settings. You just have to go in that and you have to click on the security part where you can find options related to the password. Just find the same and modify it.
Old 19-01-2012

Well the best thing here you must do is run the router setup wizard. Which will be a lot more easier way to find what you are looking for. This setup wizard will guide you for adding a strong password and for setting up the router wifi properly. If you think your router is not performing well, then you can increase the security more by changing the SSID and using a more longer password. I am quiet sure that will be enough to fix the issue.
Old 19-01-2012

As per my experience when you go with WPA you get a far more superior security network compare to WEP. And it is also very common. It is easily identified by other mobile devices also. I am quiet sure that you must go ahead and try out the same. For good security you can go with a high end router that brings a lot of new features.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , , ,