Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 losing connection with Verizon FiOS modem/router

Ubuntu 10.04 losing connection with Verizon FiOS modem/router

My Thinkpad T60 laptop is running ubuntu 10.04. Now it is showing some problem while I try to stream videos from youtube or collegehumor. After that I will lose the connection from the router. The issue only appears when I try to stream video. It usually occurs in chromium and Firefox browsers. I didn’t go for any other browsers yet. I don’t know whether the issue is with Ubuntu or router/modem from Verizon Fios. I didn’t see any kind of issues with my previous routers.

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 losing connection with Verizon FiOS modem/router

Have you used any third-party routers?
    Verizon FiOS modems are compatible with third-party routers. The Verizon FiOS Internet service provides users with modems that are configured with the first-party router Actiontec Verizon FiOS. Although Verizon FiOS Actiontec router is the easiest route to connect first-party modems to support all modems Verizon FiOS third-party router, if the "bridge mode."

Make sure that the device FiOS routed or bridged mode? If it is bridged, then there is no need to do with it. If it is routed, then you need to forward a port through Verizon device and then through your router before you work.

I read that those defaults are admin and password, but that could very well be wrong. To try to connect, look at your router WAN frames. If you have a public IP, you are in bridged mode and you will not be able to get it, but there will be no need to forward ports. If your router has a private IP WAN, then the door will default the address you put in your browser to connect to the Verizon device.

What types of videos are you talking about? In Flash? in. avi? in. mpg?

Your architecture is 64 or 32 bit?

I have a problem with the streaming of AVI files. As a client I'm using 10.5.7 and my Samba server is Ubuntu 9.04. While I can on the Samba share folders from the client to access and copy files, but VLC is not streaming my videos, i.e. if I open an AVI file, it does not play it. However, if I copy the file to the client then it works.

I think the problem is this plugin: Shockwave Flash. In the sense that the plugin is open source version of Flash but probably has some incompatibility issue with some websites. You should try installing from Synaptic package distributed by Adobe Flash. Unfortunately you do not know precisely why the name is now on Windows, perhaps waiting for some other answer.

Thank you for your help. The answer has solved the problem by uninstalling and installing that version of the Adobe-Shockwave Flash Player, everything is back to regular.