Thread: Need help changing Static IP

Need help changing Static IP

I have a Static IP and I wanted to know how to change it. I'm connected to a router that's connected to my modem, is this a problem in changing my IP? Please state any helpful information on the subject, Thank you.

Re: Need help changing Static IP

First of all you will need a direct connection to your modem and computer. If you have a router, disconnect it and directly hook up your modem to your computer.

1. Open up the command prompt by pressing Start->Run and typing in cmd
    2. In the command prompt, type “Ipconfig/all”. This will tell you your current IP Address. After, type “ipconfig/release”. Keep the command prompt open for easy access.
    3. Go to “Network Connections” (accessible through the control panel). Right click “Local Area Connection” and click “Properties”
    4. With “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) selected, click the “Properties” button.
    5. A new window will open. Under the “General” tab, select “Use the Following IP address”. Under “Ip Address”, put “10.0.0.1″. Press the “Tab” key on your keyboard.
    6. Press Ok on both open windows.
    7. Repeat steps 3-4. Under the “General” tab, press the radio button “Automatically Assign Me an Ip Address”. Press ok on both windows.
    8. Go back to the command prompt and type in “Ipconfig/all”. You’ll now notice you have a new IP address.

internet protcol ipv4 or ipv6?

Also, is there a reason i have a different ip when im directly connected to my modem? when im directly connected to my modem will this change the ip i get when im connected through my router?

There is another thread available on TA so you should go through it. you should go through following link and see whether it gives you any idea about it.

How to Change Static Ip Address ?

Thanks, but it doesn't really explain fully my situation, i was more-so wondering that since when i directly connect to my modem, it lists me as a different IP address, I'm trying to change the IP i use while connected to my router, because I have to use the router because of other people needing the network in my house. I'm not exactly sure of anything I'm doing, I just desperately need to change my IP because of DDoS threats. Any help at all will gladly be appreciated. thank you.

Well, if you have the address of a DNS server, you can try to set the TCP/IP configuration in your Network Adapter Card's properties under the option called TCP/IP to "Obtain IP address automatically". In this case the ISP provides the address. You might have to fill in the DNS server address and the default gateway address (given to you by your ISP). Normally, static ips cannot be changed but with a proxy server you can hide and use another ip's.