Thread: Network Adapter not showing WiFi options, should I use new WLAN card?

Network Adapter not showing WiFi options, should I use new WLAN card?

I want to make the network with the connect network adapter. when i try to make the wireless connection on it, network adapter never shows any wifi option. I used the Realtek RTL8191SE network adapter. i try a lot to download suitable driver but couldn't able to fix this problem. How can i fix this problem? Is there necessary to use the WLAN card for such wireless connection. I need some useful help for such situations. thanks in advance.

Re: Network Adapter not showing WiFi options, should I use new WLAN card?

The Realtek RTL8191SE is an internal WLAn card that presents on your motherboard. In that situations, if you use the any other firewall or can be used the inbuilt windows firewall, then simply try to uninstall and reinstall such windows firewall program. Then check the result. If it can't work, simply try to reinstall the wireless driver for better result. you can use the external storage device for such reinstall wireless driver on your system.

If using Windows 7 and you cannot find the WiFi drivers for Windows 7 system, try with windows Vista drivers in the Compatibility mode. This might be also an optional for you. It works to fix your drivers not present or internal wlan card not detecting problem. Hence use vista driver and check the output on your network connections.

If possible then simply turn off your router security policy. It works to avoid any prevention case related to the WEP or WPA connection has been comes on your system. This is well for you.

In case of re-appearing such problem you need to open the command prompt of the windows 7. The execute below code on it and reboot your system. After rebooting you might be get better result. Code is being as below:
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ip reset reset.log

Most internal cards have a switch function to turn on and off their ability to detect networks. It might be special button or a key combo. Such Turn on and off function is being available inside the bios cmos setting. You need to check wireless disabled option in bios. if anything such option is turn off, simply turn it to ON. This will be work to fix your internal card not detecting problem.

You can also use the below instructions for better result.
    • GO to Start-> search and type quickset and press enter.
    • It show you the Windows mobility center screen.
    • Select Launch control options Wi-Fi Catcher.
    • Go to advanced settings.
    • change the Bands to s802.11bgn.
    • Hit apply, and ok button.
    • That's it.

If you have not catch any better result after applying such solutions, then use the external WLAN card on your system. Use the Netgear WNDR3700 router for better connections. Its helps to you for simply set the wifi connection on your system.