Thread: Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client not able to set IP filtering

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client not able to set IP filtering

I used this setup for last few days and now VPN client makes problem to setup the IP filtering. I try a lot but can't able to fix this problem. Initially i think that this is malware infection problem. So, i try to do that but it also goes failure. Can anybody help me to fix this Ip filtering problem on this connection. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client not able to set IP filtering

If you initially think that this is happen due to the malware issue, then try to remove any such malware on your system. BUt before applying such process, i suggest for execute the below code.
    vpnva FALSE OK
    Then simply use the TDSSKiller program to scan your system for is there any malware program activated on your system or not. Download and run this TDSSKiller program for removing any files that infected with the malware. Its being necessary for you.

I use TDSSkiller, rfkiller, mbam type of program on my system to clean the existing virus and malware files. AT the end of i am not getting any positive result. This happens in my case. I think the pup.bitminer virus infected my system. Hence i would like to know the exact process that should nbe necessary to fix this Setup IP filtering problem. Can anybody post any useful suggestions.

Ok, in that case, you need to follow below steps.
    • Download and run the RogueKiller.exe file on your windows syetem.
    • Run this file with Administrator account.
    • At the time of running this file, type number "1" and hit ENTER.
    • Once it closed, popup Notepad file gives indication of the log is saved to system hard disk.
    • If it helps to remove your detected virus, then its fine.
    • Otherwise download and scan your system with the ComboFix.exe file. It will be also helpful for you to fix such kind of problem.

If still you facing problem to setup IP filtering with the VPN client, then download download MiniToolBox. Save and run this file on desktop. After running this file select and checkmark on few options that it shows. They are Report and Reset IE Proxy Settings, List Winsock Entries, IP configuration, last 10 Event Viewer log, Report and Reset FF Proxy Settings, Flush DNS, and then List Devices -> All. Finally hit Go option and read the result of this process in same directory.

If you found such kind of problem on your network simply reboot system and also the VPN connection. Then use and run DART. . DART assembles the logs, status, and diagnostic information for Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) analysis. Basically it works to fix the troubleshooting problem of the VPN client without using the administrator privileges. Hence use it and check the result of your IP filtering with the VPN client.

I'm having the same issue as the OP. Anyconnect fails for IP filtering issue after I removed some malware.
    Last edited by beeblebrox82; 16-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.