Thread: Can I remove kwrd.dll/BitMiner

Can I remove kwrd.dll/BitMiner

I am having some virus problem in my computer. This keeps on coming up in windows/assembly/temp/kwrd.dll. I am using the malwarebytes and when ?I scan with that then it shows that as "bitminer". The malwarebytes is already updated but it is also not able to remove this from my computer. Now I am not able to understand that what should I do to get this problem solved. If you have some suggestion for me then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Can I remove kwrd.dll/BitMiner

What you can do is, just start your computer in safe mode and then try to remove that. There are many of the cases where some of the viruses only get removed in the safe mode and so I am also telling you to do the same. I am sure that this will help you. So try this and let me know that if this was helpful to you or not.

If you want then you can make use of the ComboFix which can solve he problem for you. Place the downloaded file on the Desktop. Disables antivirus, present on the system tray icon (near the Windows clock). Disable any firewall installed, the icon present on the system tray (near the Windows clock).

BitMiner is also known as Pup Bitminer and this was listed by the vast majority of security companies on the internet as this is a potentially unwanted application and certainly have no argument to defend themselves. In fact, although its name suggests it may have some relation to the handling of data, the typical malware. In fact, you are not infected with any of these viruses and Trojans that BitMiner "detected". He always finds the same crap on every computer.

You can stop the BitMiner processes with the following method:
    1. Click on the Start menu, select Run.
    2. Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click "OK." You can also run Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE or CTRL + Shift + ESC.
    3. Click the pestaĆ²a (tab) process and look BitMiner processes.
    4. Once you find deBitMiner processes, click the right mouse button on them and select "End Process (End Process)" to kill BitMiner.

If you want to remove the registry values for BitMiner then you can go with the steps given below. Because your registry is a very important piece of your Windows system, you should always make a backup of your registry before editing it. Editing the registry can be intimidating to those who are not computer experts, when you change or delete a critical registry value, chances are you need to reinstall your operating system. Be sure to backup your registry before making any changes.
    • Select the "Start Windows" and click "Run." I see an "Open" field. Type "regedit" and click "OK" to open the Registry Editor.
    • The Registry Editor opens a window with two parts. The left side Registry Editor lets you select various registry settings, and the right side displays the registry values ​​of the registry value you selected.
    • To find a registry value BitMiner, like any other registry value, select "Edit," then "Find," and in the search bar type values ​​BitMiner registration.
    • Once the registry value BitMiner appears, you can delete the registry value BitMiner selecting "Modify," then clicking "Delete."

In some of the cases, I have seen that this BitMiner changes the homepage of the browser so if you want to reset that then the below given steps will work for you.
    1. Click Start> Control Panel> Internet Options.
    2. At Home page, select General> Use Default.
    3. Enter the address you prefer as your home page (eg "http://www.homepage.com").
    4. Click Apply> OK.

You should open a new website to ensure that the new default home page is active.

Before doing anything to remove this, it is recommended that you must have the backup of the removed files if in some case this removal causes problem for you. For that you can download and use the File Recover. These deleted files cannot be recovered from the Windows operating system.

TheUniQue Guest

My suggestion to you is to make use of the Microsoft security essentials and make sure that you have updated the database of that. This will remove any kind of the malware from your computer and you will be out of the issue.