Thread: virus restricts me to access start menu icons, Internet Explorer, and recycle bin icon

virus restricts me to access start menu icons, Internet Explorer, and recycle bin icon

Hi, I am college boy and use computer system that running windows 7. Yesterday, i catch very complicated problem. I have use my computer with the administrator account and the guest account. Now when i simply try to login administrator account and access any icon, it goes failed. At the time of login several errors comes on the screen. While when i simply check the icons on desktop, not able to access quick launch icon disappeared. Also can't able to open the start menu icon, IE icon and the recycle bin icon that presents on desktop. ALso there are so much error messages comes on the screen. One of the error message in that group is "Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\00007e87. The file is corrupted or unreadable." I read somewhere that making new user account help to fix this problem. But problem is that i can't able to even access control panel. What should i do that works to fix this complicated problem? Need some useful suggestions for solving this problem. Thanks for any such help.

Re: virus restricts me to access start menu icons, Internet Explorer, and recycle bin icon

Error message you provided has been indicated that problem comes at the time of save task. Hence try below mentioned process on your system. Might be it works to fix your problem. This process activate write caching on the disk. initially it slow your system but later on improve the system performance. Apply it by using administrator account. Instructions are as below:
    Go to Start-> My Computer and open hard disk Properties by right-click on it.
    Hit Hardware tab.
    Choose Hard disc and select its Properties option.
    Press Policies tab.
    Hit clear the Enable write caching on the disk check box.
    Finally select OK and press OK button to exit Properties dialog box of Local Disk (C).

Re: virus restricts me to access start menu icons, Internet Explorer, and recycle bin icon

If you not able to view or access desktop icon, it states that malware program exist on your system. In such situations, you need to simply view and remove that malware files from your system. Then for solving your problem, simply you need to download unhide.exe file. After finishing downloading on your system, run it on desktop. it show you all the hidden files of your system and it removes all the hidden attribute of all the files on your harddisk. Then with the help of this file you can get and remove such files that infected with the malware program.

You can also use the antimalware program for solving your virus infection problem. In this process, just follow below mentioned process.
    • First download and save Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on desktop of computer.
    • Run its executable file on desktop to install this antimalware program.
    • After finishing the antimalware program installation process, use Quickscan option and hit scan.
    • Once all file scanning process finished, select Ok and check the outputof this scanning process.
    • Next is to remove all the files that has been infected by the virus programs.
    • Such MBAM program scanning output can be saved on the log file. You can later oin catch them from MBAM setup folder.
    • Finally restart your system and check its performance.

While after finishing such above process, don't try to restore your system. It may be restore all the files that infected by some virus. Also during this scanning with the MBAM program, don't apply registry cleaner process on your system. This is necessary for you to fix such complicated problem in safest manner.

Also be careful about installing any program that you downloaded from the internet site. Many such sites present in the internet that will be work to make changes on the system and its files. Hence you need windows firewall type of programs to protect your system from such kind of virus. So, i suggest to use one of the useful firewall program that compatible with your system. It definitely solve your problem.

I have different thinking about this issue. If you can't able to open or access the desktop icon, then definitely win32 system files has been corrupted by some virus program. In that situations, you need to use TDSSKiller tools for clean your infected system files. Because if you use simple scanning and removing infected files using MBAM type of program, in future you need to again setup all the programs and install them again on your system. Hence use this type of TDSSKiller tools. It works to delete malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS. Hence use it and check its result.

Yes, i also agree that instead of using any MBAM type of program you can go with the TDSSKiller. Hence use below instructions and fix your virus infections problem.
    1. Download and then run TDSSKiller.exe file on your system to install this application.
    2. Once installed it, simply use the inbuilt Start Scan button.
    3. If it shows infected file, choose default action. That is Cure.
    4. Hit the Continue Posted Image.
    5. If program recognize the suspicious file, choose Skip action and select Continue.
    6. Once finished scanning process, simply reboot your system. You can find the better result on it.

You can also use the scanning with the safe mode option here for better result. This will be work to fix your virus infections problem. Hence i would be say for the safe mode with scanning works to load only necessary driver and system files in main memory. Hence we can avoid any unnecessary and infected files for loading onto memory. Hence i just recommend for use this safe mode and scan your system with such tools. Its helpful for you.

WHile the ESETOnlineScan is also an optional program for you to scan and remove all the infected virus program on this windows based system. Hence i would here just suggest for download this ESETOnlineScan application on your system. Then run it and check its result. it remove all infected files from your hard disk. i already experience about it. Hence i suggest you to use it.