Thread: annoying behavior of Ad-aware Toolbar

annoying behavior of Ad-aware Toolbar

there were no issues concerning with this Adaware antivirus previously but, I recently after a fresh install of the adaware 9.6.0 I came to notice tht there was a annoying 'feature'. As I want to turn off the Adaware Toolbar . but however, ii am unable to do that . if you find some suggestions regarding the case please let us know.

re: annoying behavior of Ad-aware Toolbar

OK along with it I am also concerning some other issues also. at the time of typing in a URL, I get hijacked and something wrong. Instead of writing the correct spelling, I get wrong spellings.

Notice the misspelling of 'weather'.I wish that this behavior stops instantly.
    it appears like a scam and it is really irritating that I have actually paid for software that does this.I have made an attempt to turn it off from adaware, firefoxes config in addition to this, turned of all adaware extensions in Chrome also. Please if you have suggestions please, let us know.

I can get to this point and when considering the above topics, I can say that there is hardly any difference between those two posts.
    in my opinion I preferred during the installation of Ad-Aware that I did not wish for the toolbar and I have not noticed any difference while I mistype a URL, I am still informed that Firefox is not able to locate the server.possibly , according to me, I suppose that it is controlled by keyword.URL in Firefox advanced configuration (about:config)settings. According to my knowledge, Chrome is also not supported by the toolbar.

According to me. This is surely not the initial time that typos in URLs leads to pages with links or ads. The earliest time I can discover is 2007, when Dell, in cooperation with Google, put such a page in the settings for windows default browser Internet Explorer. And I would state further that AVG included a Yahoo toolbar and Avira has included Ask toolbar.

It might be the browser problem which you are encountering with so, first if you have a check of your browser then there can be some clue on your side and then there can be possibility that you might get a clue for your issue.