Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-01-2012

Unable to use Ad-Aware and says "Initializing Engine" error

the adware security program served to be an excellent anti-virus program but recently I am having problems relating it. At the time of installing Ad-Aware, I am not able to run any scans as it says "Initializing Engine" forever.

I have made an attempt of the previous solution of deleting the whole thing but the "Extended" folder in the Defs folder, and running the update program again, but there is no working possible in this case. I've reinstalled many times till now. For further information I am running Windows 7 . if you have any suggestions regarding the same please post it.
Old 13-01-2012

Re: Unable to use Ad-Aware and says "Initializing Engine" error

I will suggest some ways in which you will find it very easy to achieve the solution. Please, make an attempt to update Ad-Aware by this means. so initially, Exit Ad-Aware by right-clicking its icon present in the notification area and then make a selection of 'Exit'.then in the Start menu >> All programs >>Lavasoft >>Ad-Aware and finally to Ad-Aware update .

If it appears that the update is not working yet, I wonder if you have made an uninstallation of the Ad-Aware by making use of the Revo Uninstaller?
Old 13-01-2012

I have some other solution which will work in your case and to add further, I would like to say that you can upload the dump file such as C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\AdAware\Crashdumps\AAWService_2fc8b246-efd8-43e6-99ea 4a830ac91ca5_2011_11_29_20_08_15_004e8843.dmp

You need to pack (zip) the file previous to you are able to upload it. If you don't have an idea how to do that ask , Or are you wishing to participate in the beta test of version 10, tell me. I will assist in you.
Old 13-01-2012

I am also of the similar issue. I've made an attempt for all the steps suggested on this thread but I am still facing ?initializing engine" error many times and it still hangs. Are there some solutions regarding the same issue.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,