Thread: AVG white-listed Trojan horse Hider.OOW file

AVG white-listed Trojan horse Hider.OOW file

The AVG is showing me that there is a Trojan horse Hider.OOW inside a file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mrxsmb.sys. You may think that it is not a big issue and can be removed by the help of antivirus. Wrong, in my case the AVG shows the result as "Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)". What wrong going on here.

Re: AVG white-listed Trojan horse Hider.OOW file

Here what you should do.
    • Launch AVG Anti-Spyware
    • Click on the Scan button (the toolbar)
    • Then click the tabs Responding, click on Recommended actions. Select Quarantine.
    • Return to the Scan tab. Click Full System Scan.
    • At the end of scan, choose the option "Apply all actions" at the bottom.
    • Click on "Save Report". This generates a report in text file that is located in the Reports folder of AVG Anti-Spyware.

Almost every anti-virus has had such problems in the past. AVG may be the first to publicly offer a reasonable compensation. The problems lie in the short update times. It is impossible to run all tests before the update is released, so much depends on the expertise of the anti-virus makers. In recent years young anti-virus makers have not yet attracted the expertise and experience of the old class.

I really want a different conclusion. Apparently the behavior of viruses appears very similar to the behavior of Windows and Windows applications. And I think we are very concerned to make. On the one hand, because viruses etc. more and more prominent on the other hand, that windows (applications) increasingly virus-like behavior to exhibit.

I guess you must be a level of quarantine, maybe considered a little dangerous virus so it is in quarantine in "white list" and I suppose that it will have more chlorine in lists, or not?

Never used the avg, but it must be quarantined, I take it, could not disinfect the file, so I take all the file and close all processes that have been running that file, and leave something like a state " frozen.

In many cases, a malware is going to detect the Trojan, but not deleted. This work will be done manually. Once you locate the file containing the Trojan, reboot in safe mode, activate the option to show hidden files and folders and proceed to eliminate blurring; but without passing the Recycle Bin. Once deleted the files that the malware has marked us, we proceed to delete all temporary files from your PC. We must also remove any reference to these files you find in the Start menu and, if necessary, registration. An important point may be to look at the date and time of creation of system files. If necessary, we should not hesitate to uninstall a program, but then again we should install it.

The safest way to protect yourself from a Trojan is a good antimalware program that is able to locate it before it installs on your computer or with a specific anti Trojans , such as Trojan Remover, Anti Trojan , Anti Trojan Elite or BoDetect. Note that, once installed, they may be the malware more difficult to remove (and in many cases to locate).

The good thing about a Trojan horse: they are fairly easy to remove. The bad of a Trojan horse: they are quite hard to detect or detect. Although a Trojan horse does not destroy files on your hard drive, or hard disk, hackers can use Trojan horses to find passwords or credit card details to come. This can cause major damage. The problem with deleting a Trojan horse, is that they are not in a form. There is not a way to remove these Trojans. Normally, anti-virus software should be sufficient to remove a Trojan. Whatever you can try is to delete your temporary internet files.