Thread: Computer says “you are not the administrator

Computer says “you are not the administrator

I have recently bought a new acer laptop and everything was working fine by now and I have just transferred some files and I had no problem in removing any file and so but then since after I have downloaded AlarmZone Security and Spybot, I have found that when in am deleting or trying to remove some files then it says “ you are not the administrator” and I lack privileges, I was not having this case and it all started after downloading AlarmZone Security and Spybot, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out?

Re: Computer says “you are not the administrator

I have recently bought a new acer laptop and everything was working fine by now and I have just transferred some files and I had no problem in removing any file and so but then since after I have downloaded AlarmZone Security and Spybot, I have found that when in am deleting or trying to remove some files then it says “ you are not the administrator” and I lack privileges, I was not having this case and it all started after downloading AlarmZone Security and Spybot, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out?
    Before I suggest you something just provide me the system specification of your computer so I can have a better Idea of the issue that you are facing and also check in the user folder that what it is showing and make sure that you are login in with the administrator account, just provide me the above details for further help.

My system specification is as followed:
    • Win Home Premium 7 64bit
    • Core i4 4ghz
    • 4GB Ram
    • 1 TB Hard disk

I have checked out in the user folder and it says that I am the administrator, other than this I am also having a guest user account as well as a standard user and I am sure that I am login in with administrator account.I really want to solve this out because I am not able to download anything.

Just try out the below solution and then let me know if it is solving out the problem:
    • First remove the Zonealarm and Spybot and if you want then you can use some good uninstaller to do the same
    • After that just Do a System Restore and just restore from the point when you were not having any such problem
    • If you want then you can download and install the Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Just try it out and I think that it should end the problem, if you want then you can get some other antivirus as well.

If you want then you can try out this one as well:
    • First remove the Zonealarm and Spybot using a Revo Uninstaller and if you want then you can use the free version of it as well
    • And then get the Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download and run a complete scan of the system
    • Lastly install the Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
    which I think that you will get for free with the Windows Firewall
    Hope that helps!

I have followed the same and the problem seems to have been solved now, I have use the revo installer for removing the Zonealarm and Spybot and now I have installed MSE AV and things seems to be fine now.