Thread: Server network setting for windows xp pro.

Server network setting for windows xp pro.

Hi friends I am using windows xp pro and I am connected to my office server so in my pc I still have server login setting and many things now I want to disable all the settings and I want to use my pc as my personal pc which not connect to any server because it has slowdowns my pc and especially my Microsoft excel, word and workbooks. So guys please help me in coming out of this problem, if anyone know how to disable server connection please give solution to fix it.

Re: Server network setting for windows xp pro.

You should unjoin from the domain for that first you should log on to the machine as administrator and then unjoin from domain from where you are join and you should know the local administrator machines password to unjoin the domain. And by un joining domain you will be no more connected to your office server.

To make your computer personal PC you should remove the GPO setting from your computer as there is no GPO setting applied to your computer. You can downgrade your computer to a home group or work group, so removing your computer out of GPO will remove all the GP applied in your computer, as you will downgrade your computer will be orphanage GPO.

Yap, if your computer was a part of a domain network in organizational unit with GPO applied then you need to move out from OU and this can only happen by downgrading your computer.

Thanks for your suggestion and your quick reply, guys I have the login password and I can login to a machine as an administrator, but I really don’t how to check that whether there is any GPO applied to my computer and also I don’t know how to unjoin the domain. So please guys tell me how can I do this.

To check the domain first you have to follow this following steps
    1. first click on start then right click on my computer
    2. select properties
    3. tab and select computer name
    4. when you select your computer name can see your domain which will be your company any or any whatever it has set.

Yes thanks for detail explanation I found my computer is domain and the domain name which is DTCoffice.local and the full name of my computer is WSXP-37.DTCoffice.local

To delete all domains you should make sure that your computer need to be in domain network to find out all GPO applied on your computer, now follow the following steps open your start window by click on start then open run in that run type cmd now in command prompt type gpresult now enter. And the network admin would setup GPO from server.

As some of the GP are useful and some of are useless, so there if you want to come from this issue than take a chance downgrade your XP to work group if you feel that the GP are not useful to you .
    So if you don’t have admin local account then create it so that it will help you to log on locally after you downgrade XP machine. And also there is an another option for you can clean install but it up to you.

But make sure that you have taken all your important file backup into external USB drive and also you need all the drivers disk and xp disc, also all you software will be reinstalled and also make sure that the adapter driver is installed to connect the home group network.

There is also an another way to remove computer from domain to do this follow this steps: check your network administrator that to make sure that you have ability to remove your pc from domain, then change your computer name from my computer properties then click on change button after that also change workgroup by the same way, then click on ok after that the pop up will be there asking you your user and password enter it and press ok after some time you will receive a message saying that change has completely done then click yes when it will ask you to restart your computer and when your computer will be reboot it will be no longer be a member of any domain.