Thread: Encore Wireless N300 USB Adapter is not working well in Win 7 Pro 64-Bit

Encore Wireless N300 USB Adapter is not working well in Win 7 Pro 64-Bit

I am running windows 7 on my computer and it is having a wired network for accessing internet, I have recently bought Encore Wireless N300 USB Adapter as I am having a wireless printer and I have a need for the same, The problem is that I have connected the adapter to the USB port and I have also installed the drivers that came in the disk for the adapter but then I don’t know why I am not able to connect to my home network, it is not showing it up, I have tried to do a cross check and I have found that it gets detected by the iPad and the other computer that I am having but not with the one that I am using with the adapter. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Encore Wireless N300 USB Adapter is not working well in Win 7 Pro 64-Bit

I am running windows 7 on my computer and it is having a wired network for accessing internet, I have recently bought Encore Wireless N300 USB Adapter as I am having a wireless printer and I have a need for the same, The problem is that I have connected the adapter to the USB port and I have also installed the drivers that came in the disk for the adapter but then I don’t know why I am not able to connect to my home network, it is not showing it up, I have tried to do a cross check and I have found that it gets detected by the iPad and the other computer that I am having but not with the one that I am using with the adapter. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about this I will like to know the following:
    • Have you updated the driver for it??
    • Have you checked out the network connection of the device??
    • What are the solutions that you have tried so I don’t suggest you the same again??

Just answer me with the above questions so I can help you further.

Yes along with the company drivers that I had installed from the disc I have also updated the driver through windows update and as far as I have checked it is using the Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter.
    I have crossed check the internet connection and the device appears to be enabled but then I don’t know why I am getting this status “"IPv4 Connectivity: Not Connected"
    I have not tried any solutions but then I thought that the problem might be because of using the wired and the wireless connection at the same time, so I have removed the wired connection, other than this I have just tried updating the drivers.
    Is there any other solution that I can try out??

Updating the drivers should have probably solved the issue, anyways if it is not helping you out then you can try to "Manually connect to a wireless network" and see if is making any difference or not, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

After your suggestion I have tried out "Manually connect to a wireless network" as well but then when I am trying to do the same then I am getting an error message saying that "An unexpected error occurred." I have tried to use the Windows diagnostics as well but then it is just saying that there may be some problem with the wireless adapter so I am not able to repair the issue as well using it, It is making me think now that the adapter that I have bought is really faulty but then I am not sure about the same because it has worked fine on other computer, can you suggest me some other workaround to solve this issue???

As you said that you have checked it out on other computer and it is working fine with it then I think that it is so because the other computer might have been serviced from the same modem / router because of which it might be allocating the proper ip address without any such issues, the other computer to which it is not working might not be having the same case and that is why you are getting an IP address in IPv4, I just wanted to know that when you are going in to the wireless properties then what is it set to?? I mean the static IP or to the DHCP?? Also check out the “ipconfig” command and see if the adapter is able to recognize the ip address or not. Juts check these things out and then let me know what you get.

I think that this is because of the range issue, I mean that when you are connecting it to a computer and if it is working fine with it then it will be in the valid range of the router where as the computer with which it is not working might not be in the valid range from the routre, I am not very sure if it will be your case but then I think that you can at least check it out and see if the problem is due to the router range and all

Hey I have checked out in the Properties and I have found that the TCP/IPv4 is having radio buttons for "Obtain an IP address automatically" as well as for "Obtain DNS server address automatically" and both of them are checked as well. I have also checked out the “ipconfig” command and I have found that the motherboard that I am using is having a no of adapters, I have gone through all and I have not found the wireless adapter to be labeled anywhere. The other thing that I wanted to share is that I don’t think that there is any kind of range issue and all because the computer on which it is not working is closer to the router as compared to the computer on which is working. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Now that’s really weird I mean that using the ipconfig command you should be able to get the list of following:
    • Network interface cards
    • Ethernet
    • Bluetooth
    • Wireless adapter

But as you said that you are not able to see the Wireless adapter I will suggest to check out for the same in the device manager and see if it is listed there and if it is listed there then it should not have any yellow exclamation mark as well, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I have checked out in the device manger and I have found that it is appearing as below:
    "Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter"
    And it is not having any exclamation mark as well, I have check out the properties and it is saying that "This device is working properly".
    I really don’t know what is going on and I am just running out of ideas now, please help!!

How come it is showing that it is listed as working fine in the device manager but then you are not able to see the same using the “ipconfig” command, I have not seen a case like this before, anyways just check out the router interface and then check for the attached device and see if you are able to see it there. You can also try to turn off the firewall and see if it is making any difference, Just perform the above solutions and let me know the result that you get.

I have checked out in the routers interface but then I am not able to see it listed there and now I am really getting confused as well, I have tried to run off the ZoneAlarm firewall that I am using but then it is not making any difference at all, The other thing that I have noticed just now is that the green access light of the adapter is not changing as it used to change from a slow blinking, do you have a idea about that???