Thread: Computer keeps restarting after using online version of bitdefender

Computer keeps restarting after using online version of bitdefender

I have been using my computer and I am also having AVG installed on it as well and it was working fine by now but then from some days I was kept informing that there was a Trojan Horse Agent.ABKU and it also said that I should not removed the same as it was under the winlogon.exe, so I used online version of bitdender which is also known as Bitdefender QuickScan and it had found 15 files that were infected and I think that it had removed them as well, Now the other problem that I have started facing is that the computer keeps restarting on its own, I don’t know what has went wrong, so is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Computer keeps restarting after using online version of bitdefender

I have been using my computer and I am also having AVG installed on it as well and it was working fine by now but then from some days I was kept informing that there was a Trojan Horse Agent.ABKU and it also said that I should not removed the same as it was under the winlogon.exe, so I used online version of bitdender which is also known as Bitdefender QuickScan and it had found 15 files that were infected and I think that it had removed them as well, Now the other problem that I have started facing is that the computer keeps restarting on its own, I don’t know what has went wrong, so is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I will like to know the following:
    1. Version of the Bitdefender that you have used or installed?
    2. Operating system that you are using?
    3. Which browser you have used for the quick scan process??
    4. Just answer me all of the above for further help

Here is my answer:
    1. I have installed Bit Defender Anti-virus 2011
    2. My operating system is Windows Vista Home Basic
    3. I have been using firefox for the same

Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you should first try to uninstall the Bitdefender QuickScan from your browser as there are chances that you might have lost the npqscan.dll file in the plugins folder which lies in to your browser, so in order to Uninstall it just follow the below steps:
    • First just open the firefox and then go in to Tools -> Add-ons
    • And then select the Bitdefender QuickScan
    • After that just click on the uninstall button and then restart the browser
    • Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not.

Hey I have followed the above process without missing a single step but then I am still left with the same problem and I don’t think that your solution is making any difference in my case, I have also tried to uninstall the CA Internet Suites and after that I had installed the Bitdefender again but then not matter what I have tried somehow the problem still exist, is there any other workaround that I can try out to solve the issue??? I really want to get rid of this issue as soon as possible so please help!!

I don’t know how come you are facing such problem, I have found very few people who have reported issues with the Bitdefender but then you case seems to be totally different, I will suggest you to better switch to the Bitdefender 2012 and see if it is helping you out, you can just upgrade to the same for free, so just check it out and then let me know if the problem is solved or not.

Ok I will do the same and will report you with what I get, anyways I am thankful to you for your help so far, I really appreciate it.