Thread: Need help!! Bitdefender is crashing just after Starting a Scan in Ubuntu 10.10

Need help!! Bitdefender is crashing just after Starting a Scan in Ubuntu 10.10

I have been running Ubuntu 10.10 on my system and everything was working fin by now but then the problem started after installing the Bitdefender, I mean that I did not had any problem in installing it but then when I am starting it to make a scan then it crashes, I have tried to check out the logs as well but then they are not showing anything, is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about resolving it??

Re: Need help!! Bitdefender is crashing just after Starting a Scan in Ubuntu 10.10

I have been running Ubuntu 10.10 on my system and everything was working fin by now but then the problem started after installing the Bitdefender, I mean that I did not had any problem in installing it but then when I am starting it to make a scan then it crashes, I have tried to check out the logs as well but then they are not showing anything, is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about resolving it??
    Even I am facing the same problem with the Bitdefender on Ubuntu 10.10, I have been using the same and it was working without any problem with the Ubuntu 10.04, the problem started after I have upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10, I have been facing the following:
    • The CLI crashes after the AV engine is loaded and the scan just begins
    • I have checked the log files and they are just reporting the directory of scan
    • I am not able to scan the home directory and all
    • I have tried uninstalling it using the synaptic and I have made a fresh install of it as well but then it is just not making any difference

Is there any other solution that can be tried??

Re: Need help!! Bitdefender is crashing just after Starting a Scan in Ubuntu 10.10

Even I have tried out the following by now in order to solve the issue but then they did not made any difference:
    • I have uninstalled the Bitdefender and reinstalled it
    • I have updated the a/v signatures as well
    • I have rebooted the system several times
    • I have also ran Bitdefender using the SUDO and GKSU

No matter what I have tried I am still having the same issue, is there anyone who is having a solution to fix this issue???

I have found a no of people who have been facing this problem but then a no of them have solved the issue by updating the Bitdefender, so even I will suggest you to upgrade to the Bitdefender 2012 and see If it is solving the issue, I think that updating the Bitdefender should probably solve the issue, so just check it out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck

Hey thanks for that I have now solved the issue by just updating to the Bitdefender 2012, I wish that I would have tried out the same, anyways I am happy that I have finally solved it out with your help, I really appreciate it.