Thread: Failed To Scan: "Error Code C000001d, threats may be present on your system" while scanning from Bitdefender

Failed To Scan: "Error Code C000001d, threats may be present on your system" while scanning from Bitdefender

Hi guys in my computer I have windows Vista operating system and I am facing problem with the Bitdefender 2012. Whenever I try to scan from the Bitdefender in my computer at that time it says Failed To Scan: "Error Code C000001d, threats may be present on your system". Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Failed To Scan: "Error Code C000001d, threats may be present on your system" while scanning from Bitdefender

I have read your problem and I will suggest you to scan your computer in rescue mode and after scanning the computer in rescue mode you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not. If you still face the same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

Re: Failed To Scan: "Error Code C000001d, threats may be present on your system" while scanning from Bitdefender

If you don’t know about how to scan the computer in rescue mode then you have to follow these steps and then your problem will get solved.

You have to first open Bitdefender in your computer and after opening the Bitdefender in your computer you have to select antivirus module. After going in to the antivirus module you have to select the scan now option and after selecting the scan now option you have to select rescue Mode. No0w after that you have to check what the result is. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Well if after trying above solution also if you are facing same problem with Bitdefender then I will suggest you that you should download updates from the internet for Bitdefender and after downloading that you have to install that in your computer and after installing that in your computer you have to check whetehr you are getting same problem or not? As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. Many times by updating antivirus this type of problem can take place. if this solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to uninstall the Bitdefender from your computer and after uninstalling the Bitdefender from your computer you have to install it again and after installing it again you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I have tried to solve this problem by running scanning the computer in rescue mode and after scanning the computer in rescue mode also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Bitdefender in my computer and after reinstalling the Bitdefender when I tried to scan again in your computer at that time I get same problem.

If anyone have solution regarding this then please help me. Thank you in advance.

As you have said that after updating the Bitdefender and reinstalling the Bitdefender also if you are facing the same problem then you have to try to solve this problem by scanning your computer with the Avira bootable scanner disk. After running the Avira bootable scanner CD in your computer your problem will get solved.

To scan the system with the Avira Bootable scan disk you have to first download the ISO file of Avira Scan boot disk and after downloading that ISO file you have to burn the CD and after doing that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to insert the scan boot CD and then scanyour system. Now after scanning your system your all the problem will get solved.

I am telling you this because in my office computer same problem was occurred and then I have solved that problem with the help of Scan boot CD.

Thank you for helping me. after referring your solution I have downloaded Avira bootable scanner ISO file from internet and then I have burn the CD of it and then scan the system and after doing that all the things started working like a charm.