Thread: no network connection while updating bitdefender

no network connection while updating bitdefender

I have occurred a problem while updating bitdefender Rescue CD. The error message displayed “no network connection”. I am unable update the virus definition in bitdefender because of no connection. Kindly help me regarding this issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

re: no network connection while updating bitdefender

Have you checked router is working properly??? Check it first and then reinstall bitdefender rescue CD. Which connection you are using?? Cable or wifi connection?? Give me your feedback.

Yes dude I have checked my router and it is working very well and after that preload the Bitdefender rescue CD. But I found that there was still no network connection. It is not connecting to the server to download the virus definition. I use cable connection.

Tell me what type of network adapter you have??? Also give the details of the brand name and version of the network adapter.

I am using Intel 82567LM Gigabit in a 2530p HP Notebook. Other CD’s works properly and easily identifies the network adapter. They also easily establish internet connection without any issue, but bitdefender Rescue CD is having some weird problem.

You should update the virus signatures. Use the desktop icon to update your virus signatures which can be easily loaded after booting.

You should reboot your system using the LiveCD. Try to access the virus signatures by selecting desktop in icon. Try to update the virus signatures by creating a live CD using the Knoppix. Knoppix is linux software that boots the CD or DVD and also be used to read and write Windows. You can download the latest version for free. The Knoppix DVD involves programs like Apache, MySQL, OpenOffice.org. you should boot your system and tell me if you again receive any error message regarding no network connection.

I have tried clicking on the desktop icons for updating virus signatures. I got a message as follows:

• Trying to update BitDefender-scanner.....failed check your network

After clicking on enter and checking the window I choose LAN and wireless option. After that following message appeared:

• DHCP broadcast from eth0 Operation failed.
    • After that exit the window.

Do you have DHCP server in your network??? Is there any configuration of static IP address for your local network connection??? You should check this all while booting as follows:

• In windows>>Start >>Run>>type ncpa.cpl Enter>>right click on current network connection>>Properties >>Internet Protocol TCP/IP>>Properties>>check the option "Obtain an IP address automatically" >>done
    • It will activate the DHCP server in your local network.

Re: no network connection while updating bitdefender

Yippee!! I got that right. I tried the Knoppix Live CD and the network connection established and connected flawlessly. Thanks a lot friends for your suggestions. Really appreciated.