Thread: Getting "Scan Failed! Could not check the computer for viruses." message with Bitdefender Online Scanner

Getting "Scan Failed! Could not check the computer for viruses." message with Bitdefender Online Scanner

In my computer I have windows XP operating system and I am facing problem with the Bitdefender. Whenever open internet explorer in my computer and then when I try to run Bitdefender Online Scanner at that time it update the database successfully and after updating the database successfully when I try to start scanning at that time it gives this "Scan Failed! Could not check the computer for viruses." .

Please help me with this.

Re: Getting "Scan Failed! Could not check the computer for viruses." message with Bitdefender Online Scanner

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by setting the medium security in the internet options and after doing that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Re: Getting "Scan Failed! Could not check the computer for viruses." message with Bitdefender Online Scanner

Yes I will agree with the above solution. I am telling you this because in my computer I was also having the same issue with the Bitdefender and after that i have tried to search solution on internet and after spending some time on the internet I come to know that I can solve this problem by changing the security level. Now after that I have changed the security level in the internet explorer and after changing the security level in the internet explore rmy problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you don’t know about how to change the security level in your computer then you have to first open internet explorer in your computer and after opening the internet explorer you have to select tools menu and after that you have to click on the tools menu and after that you will see the internet options. Now you have to click on that and after clicking on internet options you have to select security tab. After clicking on the security tab you have to change security level from there and after changing the security level you have to check whether it helps you to solve the problem or not.

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should try to solve this problem by starting the internet explorer as administrator and after starting the internet explorer as administrator your problem will get solved. try this solution and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

You have to first check when you try to use online scanner in your system at that time there is no upgrade process is going on. If there is any upgrade process is going then that is the main reason why you are facing this problem. I hope this information will be helpful for you. If you need any more help then let me know.

I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by disabling all the programs I your computer and after disabling all the programs in your computer you have to scan your computer with different online scanner and after running different online scanner you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

In your computer if you have Mozilla browser then you should open that and after that go to the online scanner and after that you have to install the extension and then restart Mozilla Firefox browser and after that check whether you are able to scan or not.

If you don’t find any problem with Mozilla Firefox then problem is with the internet explorer.

There was similar problem I was facing with the Bitdefender online scanner in my computer and I have first tried to solve this problem by changing the security level in my computer and after trying that also I was facing the same problem and then I have also tried to fix this problem by trying different solution and after that also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have contacts the bitdefender support and then I have ask them about this problem and they have told me that online scanner is not available for sometime and it will be get available soon.

If you need any more information then let me know.

Thank you for helping me. I have tried to run online scanner from the Mozilla Firefox also and after that also I get same problem. Now after that I have read above post regarding online service unavailable. Now I hope online scanner will be available soon to use.