Thread: GSM Test phone

GSM Test phone

Hi,

I am trying to find a mobile phone which can be used as a testing device to test GSM networks.

I am interested in phones capable to show/log data such as received power, transmitted power, intereference, arfcn, rxlevmin and other parameters and has the capability of connectinv to a network in cell bar mode.

Thanks
    David

Re: GSM Test phone

There are some tools called as GSM testers which you can buy online. For example 6104 GSM Test Mobile Test Set. This tool is optimized for GSM900, 1800 and 1900 Mobile. There are many other devices. I am not sure about the mobile phones, they are entirely separate device which are used for the testing purpose.

Re: GSM Test phone

Thanks for your reply.. dont know if i explained myself right. i would like a phone to be able to test the GSM network something similar to the NET monitor application on old nokia phones.

Basically we have a GSM network on a ship and we would like to verify signal levels and other parameters, and ability to register with network and perform test calls or data sessions (GPRS) etc...

There is the Nemo Handy available but costs 9000 euros which is a bit over the budget.. but looking for something similar to what it performs but less professional..