Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

List of users connected to my network drive

Networking & Security

Old 05-01-2012

List of users connected to my network drive

I have a network drive connected to my Windows XP pro computer which I know limits me to 10 connected users.

Somehow I keep getting to that limit and it's complaining that I have too many connections, since I can not find a way to increase that limit I would like to know what users are connected to my drive.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, I tried going through netstat but nothing there seems to make sense.

Thanks in advance

Windows XP professional service pack 2 connected to a networked external harddrive through usb

Old 23-01-2012

Re: List of users connected to my network drive

Just right click on the computer and select Manage. Now go to the shared folders and there you will see:
  • Shares: Total number of users connected to every share.
  • Sessions: User or computer connected to your machine.
  • Open files: The files on your machine which is opened by other machine in the network.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,