Thread: Unable to add Cisco Spectrum Expert to WCS

Unable to add Cisco Spectrum Expert to WCS

I don’t know the reason why I cannot add Spectrum Expert to WCS? Right now we are running Windows server 2003 at the port 444. Spectrum Expert is running on Windows XP workstation. As I am trying to add Spectrum Expert to WCS with IP of the workstation. It is prompting with the following error message.
    Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
    Error: Though the target host is reachable, the Spectrum Expert doesn't appear to be running on the host. Please confirm that 1) It is running, 2) It is configured to send interference measurements to this WCS and 3) The card is installed correctly in the appropriate slot, and then try adding it again.
    Can you give me a brief idea why above mentioned issue is happening? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to add Cisco Spectrum Expert to WCS

I was also facing the same problem which you have stated over here. the Spectrum Expert was running on the Windows XP workstation and it was having their own firewall software running on it. I simply disabled the Firewall and easily added the Cisco Spectrum Expert to WCS. What I wanted to tell you over here is that you should check the firewall settings on the system and see whether it was useful to you.

Are you able to ping the workstation from the Spectrum Expert which is running from the WCS server? If you are able to ping successfully than the Spectrum Expert connection did not work with WCS. So it is already mentioned you will need to disable the Firewall running on the system. also you should pass the ICMP traffic for the firewall so that ping would work fine in both the directions.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should contact the technical support team to get the further help on it. If you have managed to fix the matter than post your experience over here so that other get the idea from it.