Thread: VPN connection is not working through Verizon wireless broadband air card and Cisco VPN

VPN connection is not working through Verizon wireless broadband air card and Cisco VPN

I am having a Dell M4500 which is running on Windows 7 and I am using a Verizon wireless broadband connection and a Cisco 64 bit VPN client 5.0.7.290 and the problem that I am facing is that, I am not able to access any device on my network through RDP and not even by the host file but then I am not having problem in connecting through DSL wired connection using my laptop and via RDP as well as VPN client/ The other thing that I have found is that VPN client is connecting to the VPN server but then it is just not passing any data, I have tried to ping using the laptop but then it is not able to respond anything. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out as well??

Re: VPN connection is not working through Verizon wireless broadband air card and Cisco VPN

I am having a Dell M4500 which is running on Windows 7 and I am using a Verizon wireless broadband connection and a Cisco 64 bit VPN client 5.0.7.290 and the problem that I am facing is that, I am not able to access any device on my network through RDP and not even by the host file but then I am not having problem in connecting through DSL wired connection using my laptop and via RDP as well as VPN client/ The other thing that I have found is that VPN client is connecting to the VPN server but then it is just not passing any data, I have tried to ping using the laptop but then it is not able to respond anything. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out as well??
    I think that I can help you out here, I had faced the same issue before and the cause for this problem is default setting in the Verizon Access Manager Software t which does not work well with the Cisco Client. Just follow the below steps to solve the issue:
    • Go in to the VZAccess Manager and after that select the Options | Preferences
    • Now look under the Connectivity options, there will be a default setting of "NDIS Mode - Manually Connect" and it would have been selected
    • Just change the option to "Modem Mode - Manually connect" and you are done

Just try it out and let me know if the above solution is helping you as well.

Re: VPN connection is not working through Verizon wireless broadband air card and Cisco VPN

I am not that aware of the above solution but then I had the similar problem with the Latitude e6510,I had performed the following solution to solve the issue:
    • I had first uninstalled VZAM, Qualcomm Gobi 2000, Dell Mobile Broadband Utility, also check that there are instance of the WWAN card in the device manager
    • After that I had restarted the computer and had reset the bios to their default settings
    • Later I had installed the vzam and the R2750584 Driver for the 5620 wireless as well

And then the problem was solved, I will like top add that do not try out the R275082 Dell Mobile broadband utility as the wont help. Best of luck.

Hey thanks top you both for your solution, I have tried out the first solution and I was surprised to see that it had solved the issue, I was looking a solution for this issue since tomorrow but then I had not found a effective solution until yours, anyways I am happy that I have finally solved the issue and I really appreciate your help, Thanks once again.

Even I need help regarding the same, I am facing the same problem with the Dell Latitude E6510 and the Verizon Dell Wireless 5620 EV-DO-HSPA card, I am also using the latest version of Cisco VPN client that is 5.0.07.0290, I have found that the card is not having any problem in connecting and getting the internal address but then I don’t know why I am not able to access any internal network and I am not able to ping any internal devices as well, any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Even I need help regarding the same, I am facing the same problem with the Dell Latitude E6510 and the Verizon Dell Wireless 5620 EV-DO-HSPA card, I am also using the latest version of Cisco VPN client that is 5.0.07.0290, I have found that the card is not having any problem in connecting and getting the internal address but then I don’t know why I am not able to access any internal network and I am not able to ping any internal devices as well, any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    If the above solutions is not working for you then I will suggest you to use “VZAccess” it is an application from the Verizon enterprise and I have found a no of people have fixed the VPN connection using it, if you will use this program then Verizon network will help out the Cisco software in binding correctly and once it is done then you will get an internal IP address and you won’t have any problem in connecting to the network. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Hey I have installed the VZAccess Manager and I have also crossed checked that I am installed the same for the correct version for the Chipset/OS, I have found that the VZAM is helping me out with the non-VPN surfing but then I am still not able to access the internal resources, here the CISCO VPN client starts up but then I don’t think that it is doing anything, is there any other solution that I can try out to solve this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.