Thread: How to make connection between two SHDSL with the Cisco HWIC-2SHDSL module

How to make connection between two SHDSL with the Cisco HWIC-2SHDSL module

Hi friends recently I have make the connection of the one SHDSL link, so I have decided to install two independent SHDSL links in Cisco 2811 which have the presence of the Cisco HWIC-2SHDSL module. So I just want to know that how to install two SHDSL links into one HWIC-2SHDSL module, and also I want to know how can I set one IP address on one link and another IP address on another link. So if you guys have any idea then please do the reply. I am waiting for your needful help

Re: How to make connection between two SHDSL with the Cisco HWIC-2SHDSL module

According to my suggestion, if you are trying to make the connection of the single HWIC-2SHDS in 2811 than it is possible, it is one port SDSL module and also with the use of 2 pair of wire. And also you can make the use of two external SDSL modem and configure PPPoE, if you are using 2 independent SDSL connections. So for this you just have to require to make use of additional Ethernet port for your 2811, or you can also use 4-port switching module.

There may be the chances that the single HWIC-2SHDSL module can't be used for two independent pair of wire connections. However this is only used for the one connection on 2 pairs of wire. And with this you will get the only benefit of speed. However as I know that the single HWIC-2SHDSL module can’t be used for this thing.

According to my suggestion, you can use only one port for one Internet connection and another port for another Internet connection.

And also 2-port is design in such a way that one supports DSL and another Ethernet.

According to my information if you are making the use of dsl-group, then you will be able to configure ATM 0/x/0 and 0/x/1 independently, so if try this then may be the chances that it could be done. And also there is the chances that it will appears if the single DSL group is created with the corresponding ATM interface it will appeared and if you are trying to create two DSL groups, then it will require the two ATM interfaces to configure. So try to fix this at the client's site and see how it works.

There may be the chances that it is not possible for this type of creation, that to configure two logically independent connections is almost impossible, this only benefits for increasing the speed and some kind of failover between the pairs of wire.