Thread: Cannot connect Cisco 887VA Router to ISP via ADSL

Cannot connect Cisco 887VA Router to ISP via ADSL

I have recently bought Cisco 887VA Router to use it in my office and I am trying to connect configure it but after doing all the things I am not able to use connecting to internet. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I have tried several solutions but none of the solution helped me to solve this. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot connect Cisco 887VA Router to ISP via ADSL

I will suggest you to disconnect the all the connection from your router and after that you have to connect all the things properly again with your Cisco 887VA Router and after doing that you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not. Many times by trying this solution this type of problem can get solved.

If you have already tried to fix this problem by reco0nnecting all the things with your Cisco 887VA Router and after that also if you are facing same problem then I think you are facing this problem because there might be something wrong with the configuration. You have to first open the router setup page and then you have to check whether all the settings are proper there or not. if you find anything wrong with the setting in your router setup page then you have to correct that setting and after doing that you have to save that setting and after saving that setting you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you need any more help then let me know.

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution because I was also experiencing the same problem and after trying many solution I have come to know that there was problem with the PVC setting in PPoE configuration and then I have done all the settings properly and after doing that all the things started working properly. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

Have you tried to solve this problem by resetting the Cisco 887VA Router because many times resetting the router help us to solve problems.

You should first reset the Cisco 887VA Router by pressing the reset button from back panel and then you have to do all the configuration again and after doing all the configuration you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. I think after resetting the router you will not face any problems while using internet. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

I have disconnected the Cisco 887VA Router completely and after that I have connected it again and after doing that I have also tried to solve this by resetting the router and after resetting the router I have done all the configuration again and after doing that also I was facing the same problem with my Cisco 887VA Router. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

According to me you should download the update the IOS and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. you need to first download the latest IOS software file from the internet and then you have to update the IOS and after updating the IOS you will not face any problem. I hope this solution will help you top solve this problem. If you still face the same problem then let me know.

To download the latest IOS for the Cisco 887VA Router you have to first go to the official site of the Cisco and then go to the support page and then download it from there.

Or

You can download latest IOS by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

You should try different router with your ADSL and then you have to check whether same problem occurs with that or not. If you get same problem after that then there might be something wrong with your ADSL line and if you don’t get same problem then problem might be with setting.